Update.

leesah
on 7/13/12 7:57 am - Austin, TX
Hi everyone! I had surgery 8 years ago in June and so far so good!  I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant with my second post op baby. Life has been great. Having the DS was the best thing I ever did for myself. I was a self pay patient and had to pay $25,000. It was worth every penny. Although, I don't think about my surgery anymore as life just goes on, I do still take my vitamins! It has just become second nature. I still haven't ever gotten plastic surgery, but I'm thinking maybe when I'm done having children I will. I gained about 10 pounds from my lowest weight and have maintained it ever since. Sometimes pounds will creep on but a quick change in diet loses them rather quickly. After having my first post op baby I lost every pound I gained within a week! I was really nervous about that, so glad it came off.  It's amazing not having to worry about ballooning up and not having to diet constantly. I love that I can wear the same clothes every year and not have to spend a fortune on new ones because my size changed. I love love love my DS, even 8 years later!

I wish everyone who has already had surgery the best and those waiting on or researching surgery, good luck and I hope you have an amazing journey!

Lisa
MajorMom
on 7/13/12 8:17 am - VA
Happy surgiversary, Lisa. Great post. :)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 7/13/12 9:13 am - OKC, OK
Good post and congratulations on your DS success and pregnancy. I was a sell pay revision with Dr, K and totally agree it was worth every penny.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

skinnime12
on 7/13/12 9:45 am
Love to hear that!! Congrats on the pregnancy!
Valerie G.
on 7/13/12 11:21 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Awww, another baby!
Congratulations

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

determineddanni
on 7/13/12 2:09 pm
congrats on a great journey! :)

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

nightowl
on 7/13/12 3:22 pm - Topeka, KS
I appreciate your update.  Congrats on your success!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 265 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 249 views