Regrets?

jjsparkilzz
on 7/31/12 11:36 am - Selden, NY
I have a surgery date of Aug 22nd for an RNY. As the date gets closer Im getting nervous. I want to make sure I am making the right decision and was wondering if anyone regrets ever having the surgery. I heard some who get the RNY later revise to the DS. Thoughts?
MsBatt
on 7/31/12 11:49 am
I was scheduled for an RNY when I first learned about the DS. I'm VERY thankful I changed my mind.

Revising an RNY to a true DS is THE most complicated revision out there. It's much, much easier to change your surgery---and, if necessary, your surgeon---now than to get a revision later. (A lot less dangerous, too.)

If you have any doubt, I suggest you postpone your surgery and do more research.
Gutless_in_Seattle
on 7/31/12 1:09 pm - Seattle, WA
DO SOME RESEARCH!
Please, before you commit.
I've been researching WLS for the past year and one thing I've found is, there are many RnY people revising to the DS, but so far I have not found even ONE DS'er who wants to be revised to the RnY.
...Something to think about.
Think twice, cut once!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Women and Cats will do as they please,
...and Men and Dogs should relax and get used to the idea."

DS with Dr. Myur Srikanth
Virgin DS Lap Surgery scheduled for December 4th, 2012

Gutless_in_Seattle
on 7/31/12 1:11 pm, edited 7/31/12 1:12 am - Seattle, WA
If you haven't already, check out the DS'ers at: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk for some more opinions!

"Women and Cats will do as they please,
...and Men and Dogs should relax and get used to the idea."

DS with Dr. Myur Srikanth
Virgin DS Lap Surgery scheduled for December 4th, 2012

ginany
on 7/31/12 2:10 pm - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
What they said.
I am, an RNY to DS revision. 
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

mylittleblackdress
on 7/31/12 2:45 pm - FL
To be very blunt I would NOT have the Rny! I was one week from Rny surgery when I cancelled it.  My insurance would have paid for all of it but the long term results suck so I decided not to go through with it.  I self-paid to have the DS in Brazil and thank heaven I did!  My only regret is that I didn't do it 10 years sooner!
mrsannie
on 7/31/12 9:32 pm
NOT ONE!!!  I didn't want to have an RNY because I knew after having a failed Lap-Band I would be one of those people who went through all the pain of surgery and gained all my weight back.

Nothing is perfect and there are things I don't like, and foods I can't eat, but I don't regret it for a minute, it gave me a life!  All my health issues have been resolved. I am happy, healthy, active and really enjoying my life!  As I said I do have issues with food and gas, but I can usually control it with my food choices and a probiotic everyday.  

Actually I do have one regret, I wish I would have done it sooner.  I wasted most of my life with my weight as the focus, now it can take a backseat to my life!

You can PM me if you have any questions and I can try to answer for you.

Good Luck!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
Valerie G.
on 7/31/12 9:41 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 It's better tho think twice so you only have to cut once.  Make sure you know exactly why you want the RNY and why the DS is not the right procedure for you.  If you haven't done that yet, you may change your mind when you learn more (maybe not).  It's best to know in your heart before you go into surgery, though.  You have plenty of time to learn more and make new arrangements.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Valerie G.
on 7/31/12 9:43 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/a,messageboard/board_id,5360/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/any_wls_regrets/

dsfacts.com

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/12 10:12 pm
Good God no no no.  If you are having second thoughts, STOP NOW.

A revision is a difficult thing.  Do your research NOW. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 281 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 754 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views