OMG! pre-op liquid diet!

celticfaery
on 10/1/12 6:03 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12
I'm totally gonna die! 10 more days of this and there will be nothing left!  LOL!  I'm struggling with my pre-op liquid diet.  I was told that I can only have bariatric advantage meal replacement shakes 4-5 times a day.  Keeping my calories under 900 a day and carbs under 50.  Cheese and crackers, people!  I can't have another one of these shakes!  They are so flipping sweet and I want to gag on every sip!

Thank goodness for my sleeved tummy or I'd be ready to eat my computer monitor and the chair I'm sitting in.  =) 

I had my pre-op appointment on Sept 27th.  Official weigh-in was 353...  =P  After 4 days on liquids, I'm down 13 pounds.  Shrink, liver!!! SHRINK!  I'm determined to stick with it.  I've been averaging about 500 calories a day and I'm totally exhausted!

So ready for this to be over with and get my DS!  I know it'll be worth it when all is said and done!

Sleeved 6/2007 - Switched 10/2012 

Auntie_Annie
on 10/1/12 6:17 am, edited 10/1/12 6:19 am - PA
DS on 08/20/12
I sipped some low sodium chicken broth in between my shakes.  They were way too sweet for me as well 
"Switched" 8/20/12
HW: 419
SW: 403
CW: 359
puppysweets1
on 10/1/12 7:11 am - CA
 Ugh.  I didn't have to do a liquid diet, and I thought the medical literature had shown them to be unecessary - but then also heard that it really helps to shrink the liver and make the surgery easier.  Hope the time goes by quickly for you and wish you the best.

RNY to DS  210 lbs gone for 5 years.

A. C
on 10/1/12 8:43 am
You will be so glad! 

I wish my surgeon would have done that!  I had to have 2 additional incisions because of the liver being enlarged.

Congrats on the weight loss! 

kathy215
on 10/1/12 8:57 am
 You can do it !!! The first few days are so hard but remember your goal.    It's so important to stick to it am get the liver just a tad smaller.  My starting weight was 356 and after 19 months I have lost 185 pounds and 11 more to go.    So I am rooting for you !!!!!  Believe it or not the pre op diet will be a distant memory down the road 

Good luck
Kathy

MsBatt
on 10/1/12 9:26 am
I wasn't aware that Garth Davis was doing revisions. Is he doing anything to your Sleeve, or just adding the Switch?
celticfaery
on 10/2/12 5:44 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12
He's been doing them for the last 2+ years.  At my consult, he made me do a barium swallow and looked at my sleeve right then.  He said it was a great size for the DS and didn't think I needed to be re-sleeved.  I agree...  I still have great restriction at 5 years out.  So we will just be adding the switch in addition to taking my galbladder and appendix.  =)  might as well take my uterus too since I'm not doing anything with that anymore and anything else I might not need later.  LOL!

Sleeved 6/2007 - Switched 10/2012 

MsBatt
on 10/3/12 12:48 am
Yeah, get rid of the uterus, too, if you're though with it. Mine's never given me anything but trouble. (*grin*)
OH2012
on 10/1/12 10:26 am - OH
You've come too far...to turn around. You have done so well, hang in there - because you deserve it.

Best Wishes!!
EmmaJane
on 10/1/12 11:35 am - Bonney Lake, WA
DS on 11/06/12
Ironically this is the conversation I had in my head today:  OMG I really want a sandwich....Yes, but a sandwich won't shrink your liver.....But the bread, I can almost taste it....Yes, the bread would be good, but is it worth risking your safety during surgery?.......Safety? That's crap, it's a sandwich.....Yes, it might be crap, but I'm sure I'd rather know I did everything humanly possible to set myself up for success.

Hang in there girlfriend!

P.S. Add Mrs. Dash to your chicken broth...it makes it bearable.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 271 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 745 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views