RE Dr Michel Gagner

leanmama
on 10/11/12 10:27 pm - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13
How do I get in touvh with this provider?  Have tried the nuber list in OH and called Miami and NY number ( he is no longer there and no forwarding info) .I want to see about surgery with him.  Any others had surgery with him? I would be a revision VSG t DS. 
2renee
on 10/11/12 10:53 pm - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12
Dr.Gagner has returned to Montreal, Canada and can be reached via e-mail at [email protected].   I was lucky enough to have him perform my DS at the end of August.  Send me a PM if you need more info.

Renee
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/13/12 9:56 am
VSG on 10/09/12
The email is gagner.michel@...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/12 12:54 am
He's back in Canada - and there have been some troubling reports coming out of his surgeries of late - multiple moves, performing questionable and non approved modifications to surgery, etc.

If you are in MO - I would look around - you likely have better options.

Check out www.dsfacts.com for a list of vetted surgeons.

Good luck.
2renee
on 10/12/12 5:11 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12
How there Free Will say those things without knowing there facts.  The man has moved three times in 20+ years - He moved from a hospital setting to Miami where he opened up his own clinic and served people for 10+ years.  He has now moved back to his hometown of Montreal where he is close to his family.   I will have you know that the man is currently permorming surgery in 11 different countries around the world and has a waiting list in the thousands.  The man is an absolute genious and I for one am extremely grateful for his talent and dedication.

Shame on you Free Will.
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/12 5:41 am

I feel no shame giving warning about a surgeon who has questionable practices.

He used to be one of the best.  I can't say that now.  

There are lists of people with issues w/Gagner.  And that's the truth.

2renee
on 10/12/12 6:02 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12
I take exception to you implying there is something sinister in his having moved three times in 20+ years.  I can also tell you that I searched high and low for people with "issues" regarding their procedures and found very little.   I am not naive enough to think that there has never had any issues with any procedures over Dr. Gagner's long carreer but he is a surgeon not God.

If there are people out there with issues, let them speak for themselves instead of spreading rumors that as far as I can tell are unfounded.
Jolly Rancher
on 10/12/12 10:12 am
Free will speaks the truth. He has been absent for some. Given weird revisions, with weird excuses. Hopped here, there and everywhere. You say 3 times. NY, Florida and Canada I presumre? What about his time in France and just recently in Europe? there is no way I'd recommend or go to this surgeon after knowing the facts from the last year.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Herman
on 10/12/12 11:43 am
 Well, my DH had an issue with him. He was left hanging high and dry, waiting for his surgery.
He just left Miami next we found out he had moved his practice to New York again. But was not starting because he was traveling doing surgery in other countries.

That's just wonderful, except for the ones he left sitting and didn't care enough to let them know he was not going to do the surgery. 

Many have been told a date for surgery but then he would cancel without a valid reason.
He seems to have a habit of considering no ones opinion imortant but his own. 

There have been a few questional surgeries but I can't tell you who or what. 
 Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
PatXYZ
on 10/13/12 7:01 am
Dr. Gagner billed myself and several other I know from another board for 'consultations' he provided by telephone without advising people that there would be a fee to discuss possible surgery with him. His billing practices were reported to the College of Physicians in Quebec.

There are many stories about patients he has left hanging. It is well known that he has a very difficult personality and other doctors dislike working with him. I know someone whose surgery was rescheduled a few months ago after his anethesiologist suddenly quit and would have nothing to do with him anymore. I know others who woke up with surgeries other than what they had expected.

I wouldn't recommend him for a revision when there are other, better options available nearby. For a virgin, lap DS, he is still a fantastic surgeon (though he too frequenly performs surgeries in high BMI patients in 2 steps that could be done by other surgeons in only 1), but I would warn anyone going that route to be careful that scheduling may be an issue. It's also well know that his nutrition and supplement plan is woefully inadequate and aggressive self-care and monitoring is needed after surgery with him.
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 358 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views