Citrical Slow Release 1200mg and DS

LaShelle2
on 11/9/12 10:50 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Does anyone know if these are good for DS'ers?  The 1200 mg would mean getting away with less pills per day which would be awesome. I am concerned if we will absorb all of it since it is slow release.

Any thoughts or feedback from your surgeon's office?

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

MajorMom
on 11/9/12 11:07 pm - VA

Just my understanding....we have short guts and a fast transit time, so a really slow released vitamin or med will be passing right through without being broken down and absorbed.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

puppysweets1
on 11/10/12 12:07 am - CA

The use of time release or extended release or slow release supplements and meds is not the best choice for DSers.  Wouldn't want to experiment with that on something so important as calcium unless there was a plan in place to check calcium blood work monthly to catch any downward trend of calcium levels before it became a problem.

JazzyOne9254
on 11/10/12 5:32 am

Pre-op, I was counseled not to take *anything* time released or slow released.  We just don't have the absorption capacity for that, because of our new configuration. 

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

clpeltz
on 11/10/12 7:03 am

Slow release, not a good idea.  AND, it is the wrong kind of Calcium if I remember right.  The Citrical slow release is carbonate I think.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

LaShelle2
on 11/10/12 1:37 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Thanks for the responses.  I guess I will stick with the old ones. Calcium is one of my least fave vites because they are big, and you can't take them with much of anything else. They are the ones I tend to forget because I take them separate from the rest.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

alaja957
on 11/10/12 4:05 pm

Have you tried the citrical petiet? You have to take more but they are much easier in my stomach. 

6/12/12 RNY to DS revision with Dr.Roslin

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 103 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 653 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views