Encouragement

PattyL
on 1/30/13 6:06 am

I believe there is a whole group of us out there I call superabsorbers.  We are the people who always wondered how everyone else could eat like that because if we did, we would weigh over 500lbs.  You are not the only one who had to no carb it to lose.  I did and so did several others.  It can be done but it's not fun.  It's really simple, if it's not meat or an egg, don't eat it.

I ate mostly just meat.  I also ate a lot of egg salad.  I would add a lot of spices and mustard.  Real mayo and mustard are OK for condiments but a lot of the others have countable carbs.  You might want to get some ketosticks.  They are expensive but you can cut them in half lengthwise and double your test strips.  They serve to verify you are in ketosis and burning fat.  Seeing that dark purple test strip helped to motivate me to stick with it.

This is anecdotal and not scientifically proven.  But I've never seen it fail.  Try drinking as close to a gallon a day as you can of unsweetened mint tea.  2 weeks on and a week off.  I don't know a single person who didn't lose doing this.  I don't know why but it seems to work well.  And it won't hurt you so it's worth a try.

Another thing you can try is kelp.  It's a small pill made out of seaweed.  It also won't hurt you and it will make sure you are getting enough iodine for your thyroid to function properly.  And btw if your weigh loss results continue to be less than stellar, you might want to get a thyroid panel done to see if you are low.

Using Splenda or other artificial sweeteners also inhibits my weightloss.  And I hate saying that because I love diet soda, Splenda in coffee, etc.  I didn't want that to be true but it is in my case.  Darn it!

The good news is it can be done.  The bad news is that if you are like me, it's pretty much like I have to live to keep the weight off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 285 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 757 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 253 views