dreamfields pasta

myblueseven
on 1/29/13 11:31 pm - Sudbury, Canada

I just picked up a box of Dreamfields Pasta.  The info reads total carbs 41, fiber 5, protected carbs 31 for a net available 5 digestable carbs per serving.  Is this for real?

SUE
MsBatt
on 1/29/13 11:44 pm

No.

I've read posts from folks who checked their glucose levels after eating Dreamfields, and they reported the same reaction as with regular pasta. I've also read that if you refrigerate and re-heat it, the carbs are no longer 'protected', whatever that means. And my personal experience is that Dreamfields gives me far worse gas than regular pasta. In fact, fresh, made-at-home pasta doesn't give me gas at all.

Valerie G.
on 1/30/13 12:00 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The jury is still out, so don't go butt-wild.  The important part is that in small amounts, it does not cause me gas like regular pasta does.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

clutterbunny
on 1/30/13 2:15 am - CA

I have it maybe once a week, not even a full ounce uncooked (just can't eat that much) and I load it up with a cheese sauce made from heavy cream, full fat cheese, and bacon or an alfreado sauce.

It doesn't bother me like regular pasta (only made that mistake once).

kirry
on 1/30/13 3:25 am - West Jordan, UT

What about Shirataki noodles?  Anyone tried those?

Herman
on 1/30/13 5:12 am

Shirataki are kind of a rubberized version of regular noodles. It all depends on the person. 

Some like them, others can't get passed the smell or the texture. they smell kind of fishy.

Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
Sunshine16
on 1/30/13 7:16 am

All I can say is its easier to digest than regular pasta.  Regular lasagna I can not have that much, but with dreamfield, a good amount.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Debbie P.
on 1/30/13 7:26 am - Kettering, OH

I go by net carbs and I LOVE these!  But I don't have a problem with any foods really.  I have read that they are still *protected* carbs as long as you don't mix a red sauce with them and then refrigerate to reheat later.  It is the acid in the sauce that will erode the *protection* that coats the pasta -- but regular refrigeration is supposed to be fine.  I guess it's one of those things that you just have to decide for yourself.

JazzyOne9254
on 1/30/13 8:27 am

Pasta wthout red sauce?  That's a major trangression !  I'm not fond of Alfredo sauce at all!  Garlic butter and italian spices or parsley on the noodles would be a great DS dish!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Debbie P.
on 1/30/13 10:24 am - Kettering, OH

Sorry.   You can use red sauce, just don't refrigerate with red sauce.  Refrigerate separately and combine before eating.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 284 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 756 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views