Very Discouraged

myblueseven
on 1/30/13 9:50 pm - Sudbury, Canada

I just weighed myself after 10 days of dieting.  NO CHANGE WHATSOEVER.  Protein at 125-150 carbs at 40-55.  Not 1 ounce gone!   What good as all this surgery if it does not keep working.  I am really beginning to think that I am just meant to be fat. Nothing works.

SUE
Valerie G.
on 1/30/13 10:11 pm, edited 1/30/13 11:34 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

How much activity are you getting?  Winters make us very sedentary under the blankets.

As you are learning, as you forward a few years post-op, it takes a little more effort to lose weight than it did the first year or so.  It's not impossible by any means, but it's not automatic like it was before, which is why people maximize their opportunity right out of the gate.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

beemerbeeper
on 1/30/13 11:22 pm - AL

Read back through the old posts about stalls and then message them and ask what happened in the long run.  That might help your believe in your DS. 

Keep doing what you are doing.  Get a LOT of water.  Get some fat in your diet if you haven't already.

~Becky

determineddanni
on 1/31/13 12:12 am

Instant gratification isn't that common. I would stick to this and DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Don't give up yet, I have faith in the DS and in you that you can do this :) I would also add in some exercise and start light then gradually add more in.

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

evjesstate
on 1/31/13 1:31 am
DS on 12/18/12

I am having similar problem.  I have not lost in eleven days(actually gained a pound.)   I am taking in over 70-100 protein, under 30 carbs a day, 850-950 calories! 

Drinking 67 or more water a day.  I just dont get it.  I log everything I eat with myfitnesspal so I know that I am on track.

I swear there is something wrong with my body.  I am still sore from surgery and I have three small children that keep me very busy so I have not added exercise yet.  Maybe exercise is the issue...sigh!

surgery was 12/18/12 I started at 306 and I am now 285.  Lost 21 pounds in 6 weeks and 2 days.  I think that is good.  Just tired of no change for over a week.

Today I am doing 10 carbs only.  Two protein drinks 5 carbs each.  Bacon and eggs!  Hoping tomorrow morning I will see the scale move!

celticfaery
on 1/31/13 2:05 am, edited 1/31/13 2:21 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

I had to edit my post because I misread your surgery date...  I thought you were only 21 days out...  LOL!  Totally didn't see the 2007 there.  =)

I've been there!!  I had the sleeve in 2007 and lost 189 lbs only to gain 117 back. 

You can do this!!!  Just keep with it!  Keep pushing forward and you will get through this!!!

Sleeved 6/2007 - Switched 10/2012 

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 648 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views