question on shakes/heavy cream

julanie
on 2/28/13 2:59 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 09/17/12

IS there a problem with me using just whipping cream for my shakes?  I started doing 1/2 whipping cream and half water because I saw some people posting that they could tolerate it easier than milk. It sounded good and I'm not crazy about shakes . . . so I started using it.  But I slowly added more cream each time.  The cream just makes the texture so much easier for me to drink.  I know that it's OK to have fat, but can I get too much fat using just straight heavy cream?  freaks me out that the fat content on the package is listed by the table spoon.  How many table spoons are in 6 OZ? 

Julanie

Garden Fairy in training, according to my daughter
T Lady
on 2/28/13 3:08 am

I don't think it's a problem at all. If you do just whipping cream, you are adding no carbs. I'd say just see how that much fat effects you. I actually need to add as much fat as I can since I tend to get constipated from all of the calcium citrate in my daily vites. With changing my fat intake, I was able to stop taking magnesium citrate at night and stool softeners with each calcium batch. I know it looks scary to see that much fat, but with the DS, fat is now our friend! Embrace it! broken heart

Original DS-1/07/09- Dr. Simper, SW: 286, LW:170, Post-op HW:194

Hiatal Hernia Repair & Revised DS to Hess Method-1/29/14- Dr. Keshishian, SW:194, CW:176, GW:130ish

PCOS w/ 2 post DS pregnancies!

julanie
on 2/28/13 3:35 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 09/17/12

I'm the same way, with the extra iron I'm taking and my calcium, I have trouble if I don't get enough fat.  I've been doing the cream for a week now and no troubles, so I guess it's OK.  My mother saw me make a shake though and thought I was crazy . . . she knows I can have the fat, but she thinks the thickness is gross.  I think it makes my shakes taste and feel like melted ice cream.

And . . . today I made it below my lowest lapband weight.  I still have a way to go, but still.  Nice to see that I hit a lower weight with this procedure in 5 months, when my lapband took a year to get me there and then gave out on me. 

Julanie

Garden Fairy in training, according to my daughter
Valerie G.
on 2/28/13 6:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You should have seen the face of horror when I had a Frappeccino made with heavy cream at Starbucks.  It was totally divine, and she was so stricken that she didn't even charge me any extra for it.  I don't think there was a button for that.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sunshine16
on 2/28/13 3:47 pm

I'm heavy bad stomach noises and I like coffee.  Yes I am lactose intolerantt. Do you think if I just use cream in my coffee it will be fine?? 

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Valerie G.
on 2/28/13 11:15 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Heavy cream has the lowest miniscule amount of lactose, so yes, it may be your ticket to enjoying coffee again!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsBatt
on 2/28/13 5:55 am

I don't 'do' shakes, but I make some WONDERFUL ice cream using heavy cream and Splenda. (*grin*)

teachmid
on 2/28/13 8:51 am - OKC, OK
I put heavy cream in all my shakes.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Sunshine16
on 2/28/13 3:46 pm

Do you only use cream in your shakes instead of milk.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

teachmid
on 2/28/13 8:55 pm - OKC, OK
I never use milk for anything, in fact, don't have it in my house. I occasionally use 1/2 and recently have started making a shake with half almond milk and half cream.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 258 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 246 views