uh oh- please tell me this passes!!!

jzwife
on 3/26/13 3:11 pm

Was sitting here writing down all the great ideas from you guys for future reference for eating ideas.

I realized I needed to get to the bathroom quickly. Unfortunately realizing it  and needing to be there both happened at the same

time. Sure didn't expect having to take a shower so late.

Not sure what I did wrong but what ever it was hope it doesn't happen again! Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened

to! Gotta find humor in the journey, right!  

Back to writing down great ideas then heading to bed where I should have been hors ago!

MajorMom
on 3/26/13 7:10 pm - VA

It will get better, you're still healing and your guts are getting even with you. Could be all the liquids and mushies--liquids in, liquids out. Or, lactose issues, reaction to certain sugar alcohols, etc.  Hang in there.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

jashley
on 3/26/13 10:22 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I've had some close calls early on. I remember one morning my commute (1.5 hours) was just scary. I stopped every 10 miles to use a public bathroom.  Took forever to get to work. 

I learned then to have 2 spare sets of clothes, a box of baby wipes and a bottle of Hibiclens stored in my car.  Hibiclens will clean, but it will also kill strong odors.  I'm prepared for any disaster.

It definitely gets better. The more time passes, the more normalized my digestive tract becomes. Plus knowing what foods trigger diarrhea or the dreaded 'oil slick'.  Hang in there.

allegedlylisa
on 3/26/13 10:58 pm

Yep - I think we've all experienced it.  In the beginning, you can "never trust the farts"!!!  But, I promise you it gets better and urgent doesn't equate to an accident.  Sometimes it's just "Gotta go now", but you can make it.  When I went back to work at six weeks, I took my "Oh Crap!!!" bag with me.  It contained wipes, extra wound supplies, extra clothes, and air freshener!  It gave me great comfort to know I had it.  As a matter of fact, it's still under my desk just in case!

Lisa

PSaadallah
on 3/27/13 10:39 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

Ha!  My doctor said "There are no experimental farts for DS!"

Valerie G.
on 3/26/13 11:24 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

This only happened to me when I was unwilling to embrace my lactose intolerance (anything with plain milk).  It's a horrible conflict I still carry with me from time to time.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

southernlady5464
on 3/27/13 12:23 am

It happens...and does get better.

Both my dh and I had the DS...his was 5 weeks before mine. BOTH of us have had that issue. I still get the "do not get in my way" on occasion...usually as a result of poor food choices.

But both of us trend more toward constipation now.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

jzwife
on 3/27/13 2:01 am

I was trying to figure out what I did so went back and checked my protein that I had with yogurt and there was xylitol in it and it seems that I read somewhere that xylitol or any of the tols will mess with mess with you so that protein drink is out. I was very bloated during the day after having it in my yogurt and it must have finally let lose!

Thanks for sharing

Sharon

willbear
on 3/27/13 3:22 am - CA

It happened to me a couple weeks ago when I consumed some sugar alcohols.  Look for ingredients with -tol at the end.  I haven't had to run to the bathroom since I introduced solids and my iron and calcium supplements, and eliminated most sweeteners.  Now I just use a tiny amount of stevia in my protein shakes.

DS with Dr. Rabkin on 2/28/13.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 295 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 767 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 254 views