a few steps back!

jzwife
on 3/28/13 6:06 am

I have been feeling pretty good and using very little of the pain meds. We put a special bed in the guest room so I have been sleeping in there. Several nights ago our little ****er came in and jumped on the bed in the middle of the night landing on my stomach.(she never gets on the beds!) I came flying up and renched my knee. Now I can't walk because my knee is all swollen. I am so upset. I already have a full plate dealing with the surgery and healing from it and now I have one more HUGE thing to deal with. it really is easier to deal with the surgery than it is not being able to walk. This is my pity party- just had to vent a little!!!

I'm sure somewhere up the road I will find a little humor in this somewhere!.

Sharon

ANGELOJOS27
on 3/28/13 6:25 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

Ha... That is terrible to deal with while recovering...  I pulled a muscle in my back tying to pull myself out of bed about 4 days out of surgery. It made walking very difficult and painful... I fell yeah. Then a month out I get a bladder infection! YIKES!

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

beemerbeeper
on 3/28/13 6:42 am - AL

It is a double whammy for sure.  We've had DSers who woke up from surgery with a broken foot due to how they positioned their feet when they stood them up on the OR table.

One thing is enough to deal with.  I feel for you.

~Becky

Irishnurse
on 3/28/13 12:01 pm
DS on 04/17/13

OMG seriously!? That would be horrible to wake up with a broken foot. That would anger me so badly. 

Crazeru
on 3/28/13 8:34 am

Wrap your knee before you walk on it... I'd keep icing it if it's still swollen.  It's a lot to deal with just your DS, but now you've added another recovery.  Take it easy.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Irishnurse
on 3/28/13 12:04 pm
DS on 04/17/13

Sorry about your knee. If you have swelling here is a good mixture for an ice pack if you do not have one already. In a baggy mix three parts water and one part alcohol and put in the freezer. It will never freeze all the way but get super cold and pliant. It will lay and contour to your knee when you use it. I hope you feel better. 

I have two cats and a dog and I am worried about them jumping on me now. Prayers for you. 

PSaadallah
on 3/28/13 1:50 pm - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

I can see where this will be a GREAT funny story to share with folks next year when the painful part of the memory has faded!!

I slept in the living room recliner for six weeks and had to keep a big pillow on my tummy all the time because our cat loves to jump into my lap in the middle of the night.

Good luck to you on your double healing!!

jzwife
on 3/28/13 3:31 pm

Thanks everyone- looking forward to this being funny one day As for now one little ****er is grounded!. My son is a chiropractor so I have tons of ice paks from him in my freezer/hen I go to bed tonight I am wrapping my knee all the way around. I did that last night too and it helped with the swelling- just can't put any pressure on it right now. I found my brace- its given me trouble before- so will be using that too..

MsBatt
on 3/29/13 8:47 am

The day I got home from the hospital, my 50-pound Aussie jumped on me! My DS was done open, and when I saw her come flying through the air all I could do was wince, thinking "This is gonna hurt SOOO BAD!" But she landed light as a feather, with her feet on either arm of the chair. She hadn't seen me for five days, and there was no way anybody was gonna get between her and her mom!

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views