On my way!!

jzwife
on 4/3/13 1:24 pm

I went in for my post op today. Got 22 staples removed, was down 15lbs and was told I could advance to a soft foods diet. When I came home I gave it a shot- creamy mashed potatoes and a tiny bit of salmon. I think it stayed down all of 5 minutes.

He explained to me that my RNY was a mess. When they originally stapled it to make the new pouch it never completely severed. The opening in the small pouch sealed itself off forcing a staple line rupture thus creating a fistula. He said the opening into my remnant stomach was huge. It was as if the surgery had never been done. He said even tho they had done a lot of revisions they had never seen anything quite like mine. Feel very blessed they were able to take it down, put it back together and create the sleeve for part of my DS.

I feel like I am now on my way to a much slimmer me!

PSaadallah
on 4/3/13 1:41 pm - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

So glad you were able to get the revision!  Good luck on this next stage.

thinlizzie12
on 4/3/13 2:04 pm - KS
DS on 01/24/13

That is great news. Remember, eat the salmon first...this was a biggie for me ......I love my mashed potatoes. I am still training myself to leave the carbs for last....and now it seems as if that is the only thing left on my plate;) Keep up the good work;)

jashley
on 4/3/13 2:46 pm
DS on 12/19/12

Soft foods - it's a treat to reach that stage.  Congrats on your progress.

Irishnurse
on 4/3/13 4:19 pm
DS on 04/17/13

I am so happy for you that they were able to fix the problem. Congrats!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 297 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 769 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views