Product review - Atkin frozen meals

Felicia S.
on 4/5/13 2:08 am - Lincoln, NE

I have to say that I'm really loving these Atkins frozen meals--both the breakfast and the lunch/dinner entrees.  I try to up the protein, so I usually add shredded cheese during the last 2 minutes of cooking.  I also eat a low carb tortilla (3 net carbs) that I deep fry...and that adds 7 more g of protein.  With the added cheese and the tortilla, it is more than sufficient.  In fact, I feel almost a little too full as I am typing up this review. 

They taste great and they are soooo convenient.  Most of them have between 5 to 7 net carbs.  My only negative comment is that they are a little spendy at nearly $4 at Walmart....BUT I would spend more than that at a fast food joint for one of their value meals.

As far as deep frying the tortilla goes, I am trying to up my fat grams as I was eating way too few fat grams.  I was probably at about 75 and wanted to up that to at least 150.  If it is true that we only absorb 20% of the fat that we eat, then I would only absorb 30 g of fat out of that 150 g.  I have a longer common channel at 150 cc...so I probably absorb more fat.  But even if I only absorb 40%, I am still only absorbing 60 g.  I am doing a low carb diet and trying to lose the regain I have had over the last few years.  These meals, shakes, and bars are truly making it easier to stick to my diet. About 14 pounds to go! :)

HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

leanmama
on 4/5/13 2:30 am - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13

What meal are you reviewing as they say what flavor or are you discuss many different flovors of these meals?? Thankyou.

Felicia S.
on 4/5/13 2:36 am - Lincoln, NE

I have tried the following:

Farmhouse-Style Sausage Scramble (good)
Tex-Mex Scramble (good)
Beef Merlot (really good..I added to peanuts to make it like Kung Pao beef)
Crustless Chicken Pot Pie (what I ate today)
Meatloaf with Portobello Mushroom Gravy (yummy)
Italian Sausage Primeravera (I liked, but not loved)

I hope to buy the other ones the next time I go shopping.

Felicia S.
on 4/5/13 2:53 am - Lincoln, NE

I found a coupon online for $2 off 1 frozen meal.  I printed out my copy and will try to see if it works the next time I go shopping (sometimes online coupons aren't always honored).

But here's a link just in case anyone is interested:  http://www.addictedtosaving.com/high-value-2-001-atkins-frozen-meals-coupon-makes-them-free-at-publix/

allegedlylisa
on 4/5/13 2:54 am

I've had a few myself and found them delicious and filling enough.  I tried the Breakfast Scramble, Crustless Chicken Pot Pie (my favorite!!!) and the Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo.  I have a Beef Merlot to try at home.  I'm usually not a fan of beef frozen meals, so we'll see about that one.  I didn't know there were other flavors, so I'm going to  see if I can't run those down too.

Lisa

beemerbeeper
on 4/5/13 12:36 pm - AL

I am trying to get the coupons to print.  I buy a lot of these.  The only one I hate is the sausage primavera.  I'm not crazy about the breakfast ones.  I love the chicken and meatloaf and beef merlot.

I hope I can get the coupons to print!!

~Becky

Felicia S.
on 4/5/13 1:19 pm - Lincoln, NE
I hope the coupon works. I'll go tomorrow and try.

mrsannie
on 4/5/13 10:32 pm

I have bought some of these as well and have found them really good!  It nice to have a quick low carb option.  I like the chicken and alfredo sauce.  The only thing I wish and this can be said for all frozen meals is I wish they had a little more chicken in them.  I usually eat 2 and I feel full.  I need to take a Lactaid pill along with it though because they are very creamy and sometimes that bothers me, but other than that... Thumbs up!!!  :)

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
Felicia S.
on 4/5/13 11:32 pm - Lincoln, NE
I have a bag of Tyson chicken chunks. I added some to one of mine to up the protein. Try that.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 136 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 678 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views