DS in Federal Prison?

bradshaw0506
on 4/7/13 1:50 am, edited 4/7/13 1:55 am - Chicago, IL

I survived and so did my DS.  I was convinced I wouldn't be able to take care of my DS, but wouldn't you know it my DS took care of itself.  Thank God!

22 months at a federal prison camp with 1200+ women...how does one explain the smell, the gas and my need to have serious protien...you can't, you don't...they aren't the smartest people and that includes the staff running the place.

I'm back!!!!!

I MY DS!!!

dustycroy
on 4/7/13 2:06 am
DS on 05/14/13

Wow!, what an experiance.  Of course question of the day is,  Did they give you the amount of vitimans that you needed?  and how about protein,  I heard they serve mostly processed meats on the inside?  You must have been so worried about how your health was going to end up....

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

bradshaw0506
on 4/7/13 2:21 am, edited 4/7/13 2:22 am - Chicago, IL

They gave me NOTHING!  You are right, all processed foods super high in carbs and sugar.  A girl can only eat so much packaged tuna.  I had to buy a multi at the commissary and a few other little supplements like calcium and a super B, but that's all I had.  Limited my food intake, limited WHEN I ate due to when the ga**** me, etc.  It was hell to explain to folks...so embarrassing for me but only because they had no idea what a DS was.  At one point I finally just called my DS a GB...I know, for shame!  Still they didn't get it.

Oh well, I'm home now.  I weigh relatively the same too.  I didn't gain weight while I was there thanks to my exercise program (& my DS).  I love step class!

P.s.  In case anyone is wondering...1 felony count of tax evasion.

I MY DS!!!

NYer
on 4/7/13 1:04 pm, edited 4/7/13 1:05 pm

I was wondering! LOL  From a practical standpoint, I'm also wondering how much you owed.  :)  You don't have to answer, but I do wonder if they get *regular* people, or do they just go after millionaires?

Oh, and on the DS issue...Would they not let anyone mail or bring you vitamins?  Were you able to drink enough water?

MajorMom
on 4/7/13 2:28 am - VA

I can imagine care and feeding of my DS would have been just as difficult if I'd been on active duty and deployed.  Welcome back. I'm glad you were able to take care of yourself as well as you did. 

What's your next step to get things back to normal? 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

jashley
on 4/7/13 2:32 am, edited 4/7/13 2:32 am
DS on 12/19/12

Are you scheduling a complete lab work up?  I'm curious to see what your labs will show. 

To go  2 yrs without monitoring and complete supplementation and not have any difiency symptoms crop up is amazing.  How do you feel?  Have good energy? 

Huneypie
on 4/7/13 4:06 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Wow I'm so sorry for what you've been through. That's one of the scenarios I've thought of, you know not being able to get protein and vites. I'll be interested to hear about your labs.

BTW It's great to hear you sounding upbeat.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

3horse
on 4/7/13 4:08 am
My heart goes out to you. I'm so glad your out of there!
A. C
on 4/7/13 4:55 am

Glad you made it.

I'm with Huneypie, I worry... what if I travel on a Cruise or to another country and get stuck somewhere without access to food (zip lining for instance).  My friends got stuck for three days in South America because their bus broke down.  I thought "What would I do?" 

Good luck on rebooting your life!  The DS took care of you, take care of it!  Get some labs done.  Good luck!

jashley
on 4/7/13 8:03 am
DS on 12/19/12

Good question. 

I think I would pack enough multi-vits on my body to have 2 per day for 5 days.  That's 10 pills in a snack zip lock bag in my pocket. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 355 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views