How do I make a protein coffee?

M. Walker
on 4/24/13 5:57 am
DS on 02/12/13
I love, love coffee, but I have seen so many folks drink protein cofffe to get protein totals in. How do some of you make it and with what type of protein?

Thanks so much.

hollykim
on 4/24/13 7:35 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I mix 1 scoop of syntrax nectar chocolate truffle with 1/2 cup of almond milk, who;le milk, half n half,or heavy cream in a large mug. I mix this together VERY well,when you think you have mixed enough,mix some more.

when it is very well mixed,slowly add hot coffee stirring the whole time. If you don't mix the protein with some other liquid first,it will clump in the coffee.

GL

ANGELOJOS27
on 4/25/13 6:13 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

What is the consistency of it?

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

MajorMom
on 4/24/13 8:31 am - VA

I make mine very similar to Holly.

Protein Coffee
brew a pot of your favorite coffee - we like chocolate raspberry (you can also brew chai tea and use in place of coffee)

In a 20 oz blender bottle with wire ball, add 2 oz of heavy whipping cream and 2 oz of cool water, or 4 oz of half & half, a packet of Truvia or Splenda, a couple of dashes of cinnamon, and a heaping scoop of Syntrax Nectar vanilla protein powder.
Shake about 5 seconds to blend
Pour the protein slurry into a huge mug and fill to the top with coffee
Stir to blend and enjoy! 

Always add hot liquid to cold protein slurry to keep the protein from clumping. 

Always check the ingredients of a protein powder before you buy it to ensure the first ingredient listed is whey protein isolate. Don't trust the splashy label on the front.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

ANGELOJOS27
on 4/25/13 6:13 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

What is the consistency of it?

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

shannn
on 4/24/13 8:57 am - Knoxville , TN

1) Put heaping scoop of protein (I use Dymatize chocolate) in Blender bottle with milk (2%). Shake vigorously to mix.

2) Pour into big-ass mug.

3) Put mug under Keurig

4) Brew Folgers caramel drizzle coffee into mug.

5) Stir and drink the nectar of the gods.

~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

(Ticker includes 11 pounds lost in pre-op diet.) 

allegedlylisa
on 4/24/13 10:34 am

I make mine the same, but I use whatever is my favorite protein powder at the time.  I've use Unjury, Syntrax, Chike, Big Train, and my new favorite is Chocorite.  I adore the vanilla and chocolate fudge brownie - and the best part is I can get them for like $12 online through netrition.com.  I adore my protein coffees!!

Lisa

ANGELOJOS27
on 4/25/13 6:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

What is the consistency of it?

allegedlylisa
on 4/25/13 10:12 am

It's relatively fine, but not super-powdery go right up your nose kind of powder.  And then when mixed with coffee it thickens it just a little bit.  I haven't tried it in a smoothie.  I only add it to my coffee and use it for baking.

Lisa

Gracie P.
on 4/26/13 12:32 pm - Mansfield, OH

How do you bake with your protein powder?

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 146 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 688 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views