Looking for Melody from NYC.... Is she still around here?

maryc543
on 5/2/13 12:18 am

I remember Melody had Dr. Pomp find a hidden hernia that was giving her troubles.  I was just curious how it turned out for her after the second revision.  Was talking about her with LynnBee last night, and got curious.  Has anyone seen or heard from her?  (sigh)   I miss the great NYC OH parties/dinners....     Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

TaliTali
on 5/2/13 12:26 am - Sammamish, WA

She's around. I don't know if she posts here much but I can reach out to her if you'd like. :)

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

mquirkygirl
on 5/2/13 1:17 am - New York City, NY

Hi, Mary!  Tracey told me you were looking for me  (Thanks, Tracey!)

I am never on OH anymore.  I am somewhat active on the OH DS Family board on Facebook, though.  Are you part of that group?

I have not had any other severe post-prandial pain since Pomp fixed the second transmesenteric hernia in that exploratory lap procedure.  I had gone 2-3 months without eating any solid food whatsoever.  I promptly gained 10 lbs within a week of him fixing me (and have gained another 5-10 lbs since.)  I do still have problems with colonic motility and constipation, so I still tend to eat more forgiving foods like Greek yogurt, shakes and soup.  I have to be careful with fiber and too much dense protein, otherwise I get backed up and that will lead to nausea.  I do not know if this is from the DS, the car accident I was in (seatbelt injury), or just bad luck.

I also discovered one year ago that I am very gluten intolerant, so I've completely eliminated it from my diet.  I also stay away from all soy products now.

It was a very multi layered problem:  constipation, nausea, food intolerances, plus a true internal problem that required surgical repair.  I can see why so many doctors were stumped.

All in all I'm doing well.  I've had to make some radical changes to my diet, but I'm okay with that. 

5'10", HW: 326/SW: 280/CW: 181/Goal: 165

Beam me up Scottie
on 5/2/13 11:42 am
it's good to see some of the old gang.
maryc543
on 5/7/13 10:37 am

I was just wondering how it worked out for you...LynnBee has been at NY Presby for 92 days now....  they just can't figure her out, or fix her....   she has  (as of this hospitalization) an ileostomy, a TPN line, a feeding tube, I/V's, etc etc etc...she has chronic obstructions and uncontrolable pain.    I just wanted (needed) to hear a success story!     Mary

Huneypie
on 5/8/13 1:53 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Oh LynnBee's your niece and you're a 2 parter right?  I'm so sorry for what LynnBee's going through.  I'm swinging critters for her.  Please keep us posted on how she does.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

maryc543
on 5/8/13 5:30 am

She's so compliant with every change they suggest....she's always been on top of her supplements, lab values, food intolerances, etc....   and she had a one part DS with a vetted surgeon....  she's just one of the unlucky ones, where nothing has worked out for her....   3 months at the medical center is just too long....  they are working on a discharge plan now with home infusions and pain management....  She's not on this board anymore...  she left a while back...   BUT i appreciate the thoughts, prayers and swinging critters on her behalf!   Mary  C

MajorMom
on 5/8/13 7:56 am, edited 5/8/13 7:57 am - VA

Hi Mary. I was just thinking about you and LynnBee. I sure was hoping to hear better news about Lynn. Swinging lizards for her.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

maryc543
on 5/9/13 7:00 am

Thank you so much... She, her parents, and her fiancee are all rocks...  (Yep, she got engaged to a great guy just before the ileostomy surgery)  They just keep overcoming each new obstacle, and moving forward.    I'm the freak-a-zoid who second guesses every medical decision, offers unsolicited advice, and can't go a day without checking in with her....  LOL...  EVERYONE needs a Aunt like me  LOL      Thanks for everyone's good wishes.   Mary  C

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 148 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views