vitalady call very upsetting

stormy918
on 5/7/13 6:56 am

I venture to think that you will be one who comes whinning in a couple years cause you are almost at deaths door.

Vitalady IMHO, knows more about the vitamins and supplements that DSers need than your surgeon, PCP and their nuts all put together. Shes a very busy lady and yet she take the time to talk with us, either via email, text or phone. She doesnt have to do that...but she does!

Sounds like you should have done a bit more research on the DS before you revised your sleeve. I suggest you start reading and learning now...it will serve you well in the future. I really hope you never end up in an ER with say..a bowel obstruction, and no one there has even heard of the DS. Trust me they will look at you like you have 2 heads and will totally ignore what you are saying if you cant "say it right".

Darlene    DS ..9-19-06
OFFICIAL ANGEL
Kryst.......6-27-07
KellyKirk........8-6-07  now our DS FOREVER ANGEL....I will always remember
BettyBoop.....2-26-08
Jewel506...5-26-10
Ragamuffin...9-29-10
185# gone forever

Irishnurse
on 5/7/13 8:57 am
DS on 04/17/13

Sounds like you had a bad day and needed to vent. Many of us do that here. We are suppose to stick together as DSers.

Rather than kick you while you are down I am going to say, "Cheer up! It will all work out! Do some research here and send out a message to a couple of vets. There are some really caring people here that are so very helpful." =)

Ignore the negative. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

leanmama
on 5/7/13 9:38 am - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13
southernlady5464
on 5/7/13 9:44 am

I agree she had  bad day...but trashing a business online is not the way to handle things. What should have happened is after she pulled herself together, she should have emailed a letter to vitalady explaining how she felt she was treated.

While she needs to ignore the negative, she also doesn't need to spread negativity.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Irishnurse
on 5/8/13 6:57 am, edited 5/8/13 7:15 am
DS on 04/17/13

I was not referring to your post. You took up for Vitalady and you did not get mean. I was referring to a another post that started out down right rude and ****ty. You have always been kind in any post of yours I have read.

Many people post bad experiences with Surgeons and different brands of vitamins etc... all of those are businesses. It is openly done. My first experience here was with someone telling me that Dr. Barker was not the best surgeon and had a high complication rate. It was good advice. It was still negative information about a business. 

I did not take her post as spreading any more negativity than any one else that has had a bad experience and posted here.

Just to let you know this reply was not written with any malice or hatefulness at all. I appreciate all advice from people here as well as the comrade. I have always respected your advice as well. I just believe there are better ways to respond without adding insult to injury. (again not meaning you)

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Beam me up Scottie
on 5/7/13 10:08 am
Vita Lady came to this board years ago at my request. She saved us from a LOT of bad advice ...and lots of bad labs. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Scott
vitalady
on 5/7/13 1:56 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I want to thank each of you for remembering my kindness in the past. It's true that I lost some of my polish and soft edges when my GI told me I was dying in Oct. Of malnutrition. Me.

NOTHING TO DO WITH MY WLS!

I lived long enough to age into some scary genetic issues. You had to have my parents to get this particular stew. mI spent most of 2011 and nearly all of 2012 in doc offices or testing or prepping for tests. I remained ab it silent because I realized at one point, other than the learning I can still do, most of my conversations were "all about me". But being that close to the end put things into a new perspective for me. Some ppl really do not want to be helped and I now can walk away, where I could not before.

Some need the help but don't know it and I think that's where my candy-coating fell away. I'm treating them as if they were me wondering what it felt like to just fade away and disappear. The thing that was preventing eating for me turned out to be a med that was given to me inadvisedly. And my bad, I didn't check for side effects. Since I knew what it was< i never checked further. I didn't even NEED IT!

Anyway, it doesn't cause severe nausea in anyone else I've met, so its name shall remain anonymous. You may need it and I don't want to create fear.

I picked Scotty's to reply to, only because he was the first DSer on these boards to treat me well. Don't be offended! I didn't know anyone else on this board! I didn't come here because it was too hard to watch ppl crash and burn, and know they would not believe a word I said.

To the OP, I'm sorry if I was too abrupt and direct. I only have so many hours a day that I can be useful. Full speed has not returned. And yes, I have to multi-task or I have to pick only ONE! I didn't disconnect you. I put you on hold. I thought you had been transferred when my phone slipped and I grabbed it hitting sort of all the buttons. Noni answered right away, but I think I broke the connection when I butterfingered. Unfortunately, I can't blame that on my genetics or recent issues. I was ALWAYS a fumble fingers.

I am busy, a busy business woman. BUT the primary importance to me is to talk to ppl, figure out what they are saying, and give them the answers they seek directly or indirectly. I don't keep track of prices, I don't take orders (you want it done right, talk to the ppl who do it right). I know what is IN my products, WHY I offer that exact item, and how many years it took me to get stuff custom made. I can't get wrapped up in pricing. As it is, i always want to save ppl money by suggesting they start with items that do a good job for MOST of us. So, perhaps I wasn't clear about starting with the product I use myself and co9nsider reliable. It's also ultra cheap. The Proferrin is a great product, but not everyone can afford to take it and may do very well on products that run around $7/mo vs $55 for 45 days.

I'm still in touch with some of you behind the curtain when I hear stuff or learn new things that need to be passed along. There are many who WANTto learn the trivia of this, the teensy details, and I will share with them, and they learn, retain and pass it along. Very possibly you'll be more comfortable with their personality.

As for you guys who know me, thank you for standing up for my personal character, even if Stormy did try to cook me from the inside out in Houston. "It's not all spice hot, hun", she lied with her Texas drawl. YOW!

So, yes I am busy, but it's not running the business, because what I crave is new info, and why? why is this so? why doesn't anyone know this? If there were 200 people in my class on nutrition, and they ran 2 classes, why am I still alone in screaming for copper? Why does that happen? Why do certain forms of things work,

The only ones that no longer makes me angry are: if that was true, why doesn't my -doctor-nurse-office-dietitian- know this?

The simple answer is that it's not taught. It's more "caught", than taught.

Again, sorry if I have become abrupt, which I think is more a result of panic that someone would have to feel as ill as I was, when I can see it coming. I could see my OWN coming!! But with debilitating nausea, I couldn't stop the progress orally. Other people still have the option to skip that road.

Hugs to those who know me, know I am not mean (OK< maybe a little if I love you a lot and you need a good slapping), but that I prefer not to alienate ppl, when my entire purpose is to help them. My motto should have been , "We do not HAVE to be sick after any WLS!"

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Mary_J
on 5/7/13 10:51 pm

Good to see you dear! ;)

5' 5" -  317.5 / 132 / 134  SW / CW / GW

happydsr
on 5/8/13 1:38 am

Michelle - both personally and as a representative DSer, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  We hope your health responds positively and you remain health, happy and with us for a long time.  I am being selfish to say I want you around! And your company too!

I am a Canadian who travelled to the US for surgery.I also must purchase many of my supplements from the US as they are not available in Canada.  Vitalday Inc. provides all of the vitamins that I cannot obtain locally. The Vitalady  website provides real information, and I have ordered easily online for the past five years.  The staff provides helpful, efficient service!

My knowledge of how to manage my DS supplementation needs and to respond to my blood work results, has come from this board (and other boards I more frequently visit now), from postings from Michelle, and many others who have taken the time and interest to learn as much as they can and to pass this on to the rest of us.

A DSer must be knowledgeable and take an active interest in their lab and supplementation.  Making decisions about one's health on the basis of a direct approach is nonsense.

Michelle - please get healthy and continue to do the wonderful things you do.  Ir is appreciated by most of us

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/8/13 1:41 am

HUGS... keep the good stuff coming... hope you are doing well..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 75 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 640 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 232 views