vitalady call very upsetting

clpeltz
on 5/8/13 3:18 am
On May 8, 2013 at 4:28 AM Pacific Time, leanmama wrote:

I apologize for sharing my any I emphazize that they were only my thoughts, feelings and impressions.  I will go back to lurking and never bother you all again with my thoughts, feelings and questions.  I will if at times suffer in silence.  But hopefully progress with the revisional surgery. Thank you.

Goodness...if the responses in THIS thread have 'offended' you so dramatically that you are going to go off and sulk and pout...you really need to grow a thicker skin.  You are going to get tough love here.  Not rainbows and fairy dust.  Having a DS means you have to advocate for yourself...and often times you might need to get very assertive.  You've got a lifetime ahead of you to live with this....you'd best figure out how to handle criticism.  Sheesh.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

sleevegirl
on 5/7/13 11:06 pm - Austin, TX

http://www.celebratevitamins.com/

I'm not a DSer, just did a search for something and this came up. I use Celebrate's website. You can click on "Order Builder" and it will tell you what to order. Folks here can tell you if their advice is on point for the DS or not, but it makes it easy on me and my VSG and my labs are picture perfect. Like you, I just want to know what to take and do it.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

jzwife
on 5/8/13 11:18 am

Thank you for posting the website- I appreciate it and actually ordered some supplements today.

JazzyOne9254
on 5/8/13 7:39 am, edited 5/8/13 8:08 am

Most people , including the surgeons for the DS, don't know squat about what's needed for DSer's

Surgeons are trained to cut, and if you are with a multidisciplinary program which provides nutritionists, they generally give RNY nutrition advice to DSer's, because that's what more people have.  We call them NUTs here, because frankly, when it comes to DS nutrition, most of them are, and it's not just in Missouri.

Once you have a DS. it is your responsibility to learn how it affects your body, and how to get the nutrients in to keep from having vitamin deficiencies. In my case, life happened and my Mom died, so for 6 months, I didn't   eat or supplement properly. 

Once your nutrient levels tank, it's hell trying to get them back up. 

I ordered Vitalady's DS plan for when I was just out of the hospital, I made a record of the vitamins and minerals and their potencies, and went in search of what I needed on other vitamin sites. I came out way cheaper for a 90 day supply.  Her markup is ridiculous, and the vites I bought from different sources in some cases were exactly the same as the ones I bought from her.

To her credit, I think she is a great source of knowledge, and many do very well with her complete plans for their particyular surgeries.   I will continue to purchase select items from her, but  I have enough knowledge to put my own system together, and how to take them.  I'm sure she will still take my money for what I do buy, I just don't see the need to spend twice what I would for a particular vitamin or mineral just because it says "Vitalady" on the label.

If you would rather stick with her plan and order, just send in the order and payment for the DS package, take them according to schedule, and refrain from calling her. Buddy up with a vet here for guidance.

Becoming somewhat of a chemistry/pharmaceutical buff is part of the responsibility that goes with having a DS.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

walter A.
on 5/15/13 2:11 pm - lafayette, NJ
I get my vite at shoprite or walmart, and I get a complete blood work up every 3 months and supervised by a endocrinologist, 2 different pc doctors separate from each other, I have 4 different types of diabetes. And the VA does their. Own testing independant of the others so every thing is duplicated. I have perfect labs.
PattiCan
on 5/18/13 11:10 pm - Camden County, NJ

never heard of having 4 different types of diabetes.  Would you please share more information on that?  Your perfect labs?  you keep spreadsheets, I assume, so you can track these perfect labs?  I have had good labs over the years, don't know what a perfect lab looks like.  Mind sharing?  Thanks!

southernlady5464
on 5/19/13 12:00 am
On May 19, 2013 at 6:10 AM Pacific Time, PattiCan wrote:

never heard of having 4 different types of diabetes.  Would you please share more information on that?  Your perfect labs?  you keep spreadsheets, I assume, so you can track these perfect labs?  I have had good labs over the years, don't know what a perfect lab looks like.  Mind sharing?  Thanks!

Four different types of diabetes:

Type 1 (autoimmune origianlly just children)

Type 2 (most adults and while is genetic/runs in families, is NOT autoimmune)

Gestational (pregnancy related)

LADA aka Type 1.5 (also autoimmune but presents itself as type 2 on initial diagnosis and is adults).

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Huneypie
on 5/19/13 12:54 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
You think Walter's got gestational diabetes??

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MsBatt
on 5/19/13 7:04 am

Probably not. (*grin*) However, I do think he has Diabetes insipidus, which has something to do with water intake.

PattiCan
on 5/19/13 8:09 am, edited 5/19/13 8:09 am - Camden County, NJ

lol, Huneypie!  

Still waiting on these perfect labs... the complete sets.  Think Walter is going to share them?  

sorry, just feeling snarky today.  when I see responses like those, I just have this burning desire to call people on them... put it out there, let's see them!!

edited for spelling

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views