I am stuck, Any Suggestions?

Mannyb23
on 5/8/13 4:12 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Hello everyone I know I have not posted in a long time but I have been under a lot of stress with work, school and family so I haven't had time to post. I seriously need help so I am here posting and asking. I had the DS in July 2011 my highest weight was 369, surgery weight 350 something and my current weight is 198. I have been sitting at 198 for about 6 months I would lose 4 pounds and then they would come right back. I went from a size 28 to a size 12 but I still need to lose more. I cannot lie I have allowed some carbs like a few chips here and there but nothing major because breads and pasta still don't work in my stomach so I guess I just need a meal plan suggestion. If you know of one please let me know. Thank you

My new life is beginning!         
PattyL
on 5/9/13 5:38 am

Just like any diet, the last pounds are always the hardest.  What are you eating on a normal day?  That's where we have to start.  Try keeping a food journal for a few days and I bet you will see for yourself what isn't working.  Are you trying to cook for yourself and a family as well?

TaliTali
on 5/10/13 5:34 am - Sammamish, WA

Like Patty said, what are you eating?

I've found that most people in your position are not getting enough good food. I always recommend adding 1-2 protein shakes a day on top of what you eat. If you get good digestible protein in you'll start feeling better and that often jumpstarts the weightloss again. 

How much protein do you get daily? Is it food-based or supplemental (shakes)? What kind of fat do you get in daily? What are your labs like? What supplements are you taking?

All of these things partner up to make a good healthy DS'er. 

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 271 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 745 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views