carbs? 8 grams, 0 fiber 0 sugar...?????

ANGELOJOS27
on 5/20/13 7:10 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

So I ate oysters for lunch and the box says 8 grams of carbs... 0 fiber and 0g sugar... where do the other carbs come from? usually I can account for them in sugar but if the grams of sugar is less how does that work? This is the first time I ate smoked oysters. They are pretty good but I don't know if the 8 grams of carbs defeat the 14 grams of protein...

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

southernlady5464
on 5/20/13 7:21 am

Read the label very carefully...something added to make them "SMOKED" and to preserve them is adding the carbs.

Fresh steamed oysters with nothing added has no carbs at all.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

hollykim
on 5/20/13 7:41 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I agree with Liz something in the "smoked" flavor is giving them carbs. Also,FYI,blackened fish and chicken and other meats usually have wheat and sometimes sugar in the powder that makes then "blackened" especially when you get them in a restaurant.

You may have to look up every word in the ingredient list that you don;t know what it is but I bet my left nut( easy bet,huh,lol) that you will find sugar or some grain product.

8 gms of carbs to 14 gms of protein is too many carb to protein ratio for me.

xr7conv
on 5/20/13 3:30 pm - Omaha, NE
DS on 01/16/13
I have never seen a blackening seasoning mix that contains wheat. A small amount of sugar yes but wheat brings nothing to the party to season fish, chicken, or meat in the blackened style.

"Let us not glide through this world and then slip quietly into
heaven, without having blown the trumpet loud and long for our
Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Let us see to it that the devil will hold a
thanksgiving service in hell, when he gets the news of our departure from the field of battle." - C. T. Studd

hollykim
on 5/21/13 1:28 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I have read that many restaurants use some flour to help  the spice mix adhere to the meat and to help with the "coating" of the finished product,but of course, YMMV>

ANGELOJOS27
on 5/20/13 8:04 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13
I bought a few different types of canned meats to try. I have a hard time eating at work because I don't plan good.... So I'm trying something different. I know processed isn't the way to go but it's better than not eating at all.... I'll have to only have then for a treat...

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 269 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 101 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1033 views