Hoping for a revision

Christina L.
on 6/1/13 7:30 am - Romulus, MI
DS on 09/23/13

I had RNY in Dec of 2008 and never lost the weight I thought I would.  13 months out I started gaining weight and now have regained 60 pounds.  I went to my surgeon and 2 others to see what was wrong.  My surgeon told me I failed because I was a failure last time I saw him.  I had 2 tests done with him and he would never tell me what was wrong, so I found Dr Lutrzykowski who doe the DS and had a meeting with him.  We talked and he answered all my questions I felt very at ease with him once we started talking.  I go Thursday for an EGD and we will take it from there.  I found the DS after I had already had my RNY.  The more I read about the DS I thought that would have been a better fit for me so I hope it will be.  I knew there was something wrong with my RNY about a month after it was done.  Thanks for listening and I will be doing a lot of reading and may have a lot of questions also.

Edited From My Highest Weight

CSerwalt
on 6/1/13 9:48 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
welcome! your in the right place. I'm a failed RNY to DS revision. 6 months post op 84 lbs down best thing I've done. wish I woulda known about the DS before the RNY. DR Lutrzykowski, is he on the VET list? I know one of the senior DS ers will answer that.

RNY: 08/04/2009 SW: 310 Aug 2009 LW: 199 Jul 2010                       

DS: 11/28/2012 SW 286 Nov 2012 CW: 169 Mar 2014

MajorMom
on 6/1/13 9:53 am - VA

I didn't know Dr L did revisions. Wishing you all the best. You can do additional research on www.dsfacts.com.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

fullhousemom
on 6/1/13 11:26 am
Dr L did my virgin DS. I don't know of any of his revision patients on any of the boards. I would ask how many he has done.

There is a surgeon (Kennemeter, or something like that) in Grand Rapids that MAY be doing revisions. Hopefully someone who has better knowledge of that will chime in.

Overall, I think you will only find a couple surgeons that the vets readily support for revisions, and none are in Michigan. Look for revision patients on this board and take note of their surgeon.

Good luck!
twinmommi09
on 6/1/13 11:23 pm - Burt, MI
I am the same as you. RNY is 2004. My revision is with Dr. L tomorrow. I am comfortable with him. There are people on this site that he has done revisions on. I too did not know about DS when I had my RNY. The preop appointment with him made me feel more at ease. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Christina L.
on 6/2/13 1:28 am - Romulus, MI
DS on 09/23/13

I found Dr L on DS Facts and then went to his website.  It took me a few days to send in the sheets he has and then I received and a call from his office and I asked if he did revisions and she told me he would talk to me and take it from there.  I was nervous and still am some what.  I asked if he did revisions and he told me yes and we spoke of some of the ones he has done.  He said this would be a 5 plus hour surgery.  I am most nervous about the staples coming out lol.  I will know more on Thursday after the EGD is done and he will be there with me so hopefully I will get some answers then.  Thank-you for the welcome I used to read this forum after I had my RNY.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views