new way of thinking about food

meq815
on 6/11/13 11:28 pm - PA

As a lifelong dieter, some thinking is hard to change.  I am finding that pork products- usually a no-no on conventional "diets"- are so much more tolerable for me than, say, chicken breast.  I had some chicken salad yesterday (store bought), and, boy, did I suffer all night!  My staples right now are bacon, imported deli ham, and cheese sticks.  And, apparently, that's ok!

Live and learn.....and I'm learning!

Irishnurse
on 6/12/13 12:08 am
DS on 04/17/13

I bet you that store bought chicken salad was full of carbs/sugars. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

meq815
on 6/12/13 8:21 am - PA

It may have been, but the white meat chicken was so tough and dry, it just sat there in my belly for hours!

Corbin Y.
on 6/12/13 12:45 am - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

What I struggled with at first is that we need high protein, high fat, where dieting often encourages you to go for lean protein and low fat.  My wife follows a lean protein, low fat diet program, so the things I have to do to add fat into my diet to lose the weight confuse and perplex her.  For the life of her, she cannot understand how eating salami or pepperoni smothered in mayo could be good for me.  I still cannot tolerate chicken breast, as it is too lean.  It also seems the more protein and fat  I eat, the more I poop, and the more I lose.  Bacon, deli ham, cheese sticks all sound like great choices!  Keep it up! 

meq815
on 6/12/13 8:24 am - PA

And to top it off...pulled pork for dinner!  Ha!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 269 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 744 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views