RTD protein liguids

leanmama
on 6/19/13 10:11 pm - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13

I like EAS ready to drink but want less volume more protein.

is this one any good? Lost of chemicals in this one but great amt of protein , is it good protein for DSer?  What type of Whey is the best?

67-0029
Pure Protein
Pure Protein Shake, Banana Cream 11 fl oz.
12 cans

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 can
Servings Per Container: 12

Amount
Per Serving
% Daily
Value*
  Total Calories 160     
     Calories From Fat 10     
  Total Fat g 2%   
     Saturated Fat 0.5  g 3%   
  Cholesterol 10  mg 3%   
  Sodium 150  mg 6%   
  Potassium 240  mg 7%   
  Total Carbohydrates g 1%   
     Dietary Fiber g 0%   
     Sugars g  
  Protein 35  g 70%   
  Vitamin A     0%   
  Vitamin C     0%   
  Calcium     100%   
  Iron     2%   
  Phosphorus     70%   
  Magnesium     8%   
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Use this product as a food supplement only. Do not use for weight reduction.

Ingredients: Water, protein blend (calcium caseinate, milk protein concentrate), tricalcium phosphate, dipotassium phosphate, soybean oil, salt, sodium citrate, artificial flavors, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, carrageenan, yellow 5.

Recommended Use: Pure Protein Shake is ready to drink and does not require shaking. Simply open the can and enjoy the great taste.

Trish06
on 6/19/13 10:43 pm
DS on 12/06/12

I liked EAS when I was drinking it before surgery but after surgery I went to a straight whey isolate protein. My doctor told me to stay away from protein blends and concentrates.

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 8/14/2014

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

Irishnurse
on 6/20/13 3:26 am
DS on 04/17/13

Whey protein is the best and is absorbed better by DSers. This product has milk protien in it. They do sell a 100% whey protein "Pure Protein"  powder. If you are a new DSer the milk protein in this product might cause you issues as well due to lactose intolerance. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

leanmama
on 6/20/13 9:11 am - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13

I just like the taste of the pre mixed , RTD protein drinks.  Are their any out there that are whey isolate.  the shaker bottle just does not get it smooth enough for me.  I am soooo texture sensitive to foods.  Taste not so much.  Can tolerate anything if I need to but the grit of protein powders is yucky.  devil :O)~~~  Getting out  the megablender is apain, really cleaning it is my downfall.  I want instant stuff.  Yes you are right I was a drive through fanatic pre WLS.  I keep thinking someone needs to open a WLS friendly drive through Ha Ha.  

Jennifer R.
on 6/20/13 2:26 pm - New York, NY

I can't really help with the ready-to-drink stuff. I've never really tried any of them. But I'm texture-sensitive too, and avoided protein shakes for a long while because I couldn't handle that disgusting feeling of getting a big glob of unmixed powder in my mouth. I have various bottles, blenders, balls, whisks...you name it. None of them fixed my problem. Plus, I need my drinks REALLY cold and I always feel like they aren't cold enough unless they are blended with ice.

But then I discovered my Hamilton Beach personal blender which makes protein shakes kind of awesome. It's basically a Magic Bullet but it's only $15 instead of gawd knows how much the Magic Bullet is. It takes me about 30 seconds to add ingredients, pulse a couple times, add a few ice cubes, pulse a couple more times, and stick it in a to-go cup. It actually is its own cup and has a travel lid but it kind of scares me because the blades remain in the bottom of the cup and I think it's a little creepy to be walking down the street with half your blender in your hand. So add on another 15 seconds to wash the container and lid in the sink and you have a delicious, smooth, ICE COLD milkshakey protein drink in less than a minute. And you can add whatever you want to it so it doesn't always have to be blah chocolate or blah vanilla.

And it chops ice like nobody's business. Better than any $200 blender I've ever had. I swear, I'm not a Hamilton Beach rep or anything. I just have an absurd love of my blender.

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 75 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 640 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 232 views