Should I save exercise for later in case I cant get to my goal weight?

dustycroy
on 6/20/13 9:52 am
DS on 05/14/13

Should I save exercise for later in case I cant get to my goal weight with just my DS alone, "thats what I was going to do", I was going to save that extra punch for later in case I just couldnt loose anymore.  Now Im starting to have second thoughts.  Maybe I should be going all out the first couple of years while malabsorbsion is at its strongest......  Thoughts everyone????

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

Herman
on 6/20/13 11:07 am

Instead of saving it or going all out, why not just incorporate some exercise into your daily routine. That way you won't lose quite as much muscle as you would by not doing anything. I don't think on average the exercise will make that much difference in your weightloss with the DS but it will help with the muscle mass and toning.

Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
PattyL
on 6/20/13 12:00 pm

The further out you are, the harder it is to lose.  Promise.  Give it everything you've got now!

MiaJenny
on 6/20/13 12:00 pm

I'm 12 weeks out and started to work out. I walk and try incorporate exercise in everything i do. Parking far, Taking the Stairs, taking a lap or two around my car whenever i get out, & lifting the laundry basket a few times. I also swim because i heard it's great for the skin's elasticity and toning. Tone, tone, & tone is mostly what i do becuase i worry about losing muscle.

Doing something is always better then doing nothing.

dustycroy
on 6/20/13 1:06 pm
DS on 05/14/13

Thanks for helping me make up my mind everyone.  Starting my three mile fast walk tomorro.  Thats the onley real exercise Ive ever liked, or been able to keep up over any length of time.  Maybe add something else down the line after I get some more weight off, and feel better...

* Gail R *
on 6/21/13 4:17 am - SF Bay Area, CA

During my rapid weightless, I lost so much muscle mass that my legs never recovered. I wish I had started a program that targeted the problem areas. I thought I would be stronger after losing the weight, but I am weaker and it is hard to rebuild muscle mass.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

dustycroy
on 6/21/13 11:04 am
DS on 05/14/13

I believe yourt right Gail....  In the past, "a long, long time ago" when I would truely get skinny, that is one of the things I hated, is feeling weak, and having to ask people to open jars for me, and stuff like that.  I was always the strong girl, and people always asked for my help when moving things, opening jars, ect.  My mom even has a pet name for me, "Big Mac"....lol  because I was always about as strong as any man she knew.  It was a very hard thing for me being weak.  I think I better do the exercising while losing plan.....

lamby80
on 6/22/13 2:48 pm
DS on 04/10/13

Wow, thanks for this info.  It's really helpful!

BPD/DS/VSG/Appendectomy/Cholecystectomy on 4/10/2013 with Dr. John Rabkin

starlightlu
on 6/21/13 5:51 am - Canada

Great advice!

fullhousemom
on 6/22/13 10:02 pm
If you do start a vigorous exercise plan, dont be surprised if you have to add more carbs to your diet. Make good choices with the carbs you select and you will do fine. You will probably find that you need to drink more water as well.

I tried an aerobics class at 6 months and quit because I found it so difficult. Looking back, I know I should have increased my carbs and drank more water. I couldn't even keep my arms above my head for any length of time.

Glad to see you are addressing this early. Best wishes!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views