pain in my stomach

starlightlu
on 8/14/13 1:29 pm - Canada

Hi, I'm 3 mths out and so far everything has gone way too smooth to be true (overall at least). Yesterday evening while at work a strange discomfort appeared in my stomach. It feels sore like someone punched me in the gut or as sore and tender i felt the weeks following surgery. I didn't do anything strenuous and it just creeped up on me as I was sitting at my desk. At first I thought it was due to the large security utility belt I wear that folded into my stomach while I was sitting at my post for 4 hrs but even without the belt I felt the same discomfort all day long. Have any of you's experienced this. Should I call the dr? Am I just panicking for nothing.

Thx

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

LadyLucky
on 8/14/13 1:40 pm, edited 8/14/13 8:36 pm - KS
I am two months out and if I had any sort of pains I would wait a few days (if they were bearable and not sharp) before going to the doc. But that's just because I had some significant pain earlier out and that's what the doc suggested - wait a couple/few days and see if it lets up. I was told that as our nerve endings start to reconnect it can cause some pain. But if it were sharp, constant or unbearable I would be knocking on the docs door.

If your bowel movements aren't regular yet, or are sometimes fine and sometimes a bit painful (cramps, maybe depending on what you eat) that might be part of it too. I have that issue - pain in the abdomen and lower abs if my bowel movements are a bit unstable.

Not to scare you, but maybe you can search for bowel obstruction on this site too. It doesn't hurt to double check.

And if it's too painful, just go see the doc. They are there for you and better safe than sorry.

Let us know if anything comes of this.
Good luck!
starlightlu
on 8/14/13 1:52 pm - Canada

thx for your quick response. The pain is not unbearable but mor like a constant discomfort; I know it's there. I have regular bowel movements. The only thing different I've had to eat over the last couple of days for lunch or supper has been a quinoa salad. Maybe it's been to rough for me to digest. I'm gonna keep an eye out for the next couple of days.

laughstarlight

LadyLucky
on 8/14/13 2:15 pm - KS
No prob. I have wanted to try quinoa but just haven't braved it yet. I've found that 95% of the discomfort has been due to what I eat or if I didn't take my vitamins. Super fatty foods give me diarrhea. Ditto if I skip a day's worth of calcium. But if I eat regular fat and take my calcium I have a couple of soft BMs per day with no real discomfort. For example, I've had shrimp scampi a few times. If I eat the shrimp AND drink ALL the buttery broth I get diarrhea. But if I just eat the shrimp dipped in the buttery broth, I'm totally fine.

You just have to find your balance. Another thing, if you're moving around more now you might be feeling the abs kick in. Who knew!
starlightlu
on 8/14/13 11:10 pm - Canada

FYI, i feel much better this morning. The culprit was the quinoa!

laughstarlight

meq815
on 8/14/13 11:45 pm - PA

Yep, I was gonna blame the quinoa.  That's tough on the digestion.

Glad you're feeling better!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 270 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 745 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views