What's Up With PacLap/Dr. Rabkin's Lately???

Batwingsman
on 8/14/13 4:26 pm - Garland, TX

I have been sending emails to Dr. R.'s "right hand gal" .. "Barbara" (I forgot her last name), but no response at all, which is very unusual.   I then called the clinic @ their 888 "THIN" phone # shown on the website and got a "this number has been disconnected" message instead.       I then tried the non-888 # shown on the website and it did go through, but when I put "Barbara" into the names directory of ph. extensions it says there is no such person there.   Is she no longer at PacLap?   If not, who has taken her place?  Is everything going O.K. @ PacLap of late? 

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Member Services
on 8/15/13 12:23 am - Irvine, CA

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with contacting the surgeon's office.   

bagelface
on 8/15/13 3:28 am
VSG on 08/22/12

Paul – I spoke to another PacLap patient about this for you – she told me she was up in their office yesterday for her 10 year follow up appointment.  She assured me that PacLap is doing just fine.  Barbara has retired, but of course there is a new program director.  Nobody else is having any trouble reaching them.  The PacLap patient suggested that perhaps your repeated and likely inappropriate contact with the office of a surgeon who is not your surgeon has earned you a place on their “do not answer” list.  She also suggested that perhaps you should buy a clue from this that your emails and telephone calls are unwelcome, and that the problem is not with their office, but is with YOU.  Just saying’ ….

Susan

Lapband 1/3/2007 (skmsu) revision to VSG 8/22/2012

Batwingsman
on 8/15/13 7:35 am, edited 8/15/13 8:11 am - Garland, TX

And you, madam, I'd say are frankly full of it , except as to perhaps Barbara retiring (which possibility I was beginning to suspect, although  I don't know why her email addy has been kept open by PacLap if she is not there anymore). .   Their 888 # is NOT working , or at least didn't when I tried it last night  ..  Further, there were no "inappropriate" or "repeated" contacts with Barbara (who is a friend of mine, btw) or PacLap  --   if you must know, I sent Barbara one email to inform her (and Dr. R.) of Dr. Stewart's sudden passing a few weeks ago in case they had not heard, and then one a few days ago inquiring about a possible revision to my sleeve and an estimate of  what the costs of same might be  ..  I did not leave any VMs with PacLap at all ..  And ,I have never heard of any surgeon's office having a "do not answer" listt.  Same would be unprofessional even if it did exist,  to say the least ..   (and how did you know my first name, btw???  hmmmmm)  

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

Mary_J
on 8/15/13 8:16 am, edited 8/15/13 8:42 am

Seriously? Everyone who has been here since before the sight turned into a boring hole, knows your first name . . . and your last. Really? I can't believe you think people can't figure out who the attorney in dallas is, either.

Edited for spelling.

5' 5" -  317.5 / 132 / 134  SW / CW / GW

Batwingsman
on 8/16/13 3:57 am - Garland, TX

Ahhhh  nice to be remembered, and glad I filled your "boring hole" with a bit of excitement, Mary Jo .. 

I suspect now that the "informant" at 10 years out is that wackjob lady fellow lawyer (I hate to admit)/PhD. that is still spewing her venom in the name of the DS, apparently ..  Glad I don't even remember HER name .. 

Mary_J
on 8/16/13 4:06 am

We'll go with distraction . . . . it comes no where near excitement.

No clue on the OP or her informant . . . didn't respond to her.

5' 5" -  317.5 / 132 / 134  SW / CW / GW

bagelface
on 8/15/13 11:03 am
VSG on 08/22/12

Yep, what Mary said.....

Good to see that you are seeking a revision though.  

Susan

Lapband 1/3/2007 (skmsu) revision to VSG 8/22/2012

stormy918
on 8/15/13 12:08 pm

gesh Paul..everybody knows who you are and NOBODY CARES!

Darlene    DS ..9-19-06
OFFICIAL ANGEL
Kryst.......6-27-07
KellyKirk........8-6-07  now our DS FOREVER ANGEL....I will always remember
BettyBoop.....2-26-08
Jewel506...5-26-10
Ragamuffin...9-29-10
185# gone forever

bluemonkey
on 8/15/13 2:44 pm

I have been having trouble with the 1-888 number as well and mentioned it to them about a month ago.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 147 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views