Help Pain Bowel Obstruction v Gas

beemerbeeper
on 8/18/13 11:26 am - AL

Severe pain, bloating, vagal nerve sneezes.  I ate a new low carb meal made by Hormel for lunch.  The pain is in my right shoulder and abdomen.  I am walking and eating butter and drinking carbonation.  And hurting. 

Tell me this is "just gas."  I also took liquid Malox.  No chewable gas x in the house as it never really helped.

I am in tears.  I didn't read the ingredients, just the carb count.  DAMN IT.

~B

hollykim
on 8/18/13 12:21 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Sounds like gas to me too. Throwing up? Able to poop or pass any gas? Throwing u*****t passing gas or poop could be digns of an obstruction. Hope it passes soon

beemerbeeper
on 8/18/13 10:37 pm - AL

Pain gone!  Yay!! Must have been gas.  Who knew gas could hurt so bad?

meq815
on 8/19/13 12:06 pm - PA

I did!  Gas can really knock you for a loop......glad it's gone and you're feeling better!

larra
on 8/18/13 12:39 pm - bay area, CA

Can't tell you over  the interwebs what's wrong, but I think carbonation is only going to make you feel worse by adding gas to your poor sleeve stomach.

Larra

PS and you are smart and experienced enough to know to go to the ER if you aren't improving.

beemerbeeper
on 8/18/13 10:37 pm - AL

TY and see above.

Valerie G.
on 8/18/13 9:46 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I hope today has you feeling better.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

beemerbeeper
on 8/18/13 10:39 pm - AL

Gas gone.  On my way for previously scheduled abdominal ultrasound to rule out a small hernia.  That was a big owie after almost 4 years.  READ THE LABEL (reminding myself)L!!!!

~B

* Gail R *
on 8/19/13 2:06 am - SF Bay Area, CA

What  do you think the ingredients were that caused the gas pain? Always good to know what to watch out for.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

jashley
on 8/19/13 6:37 am
DS on 12/19/12

When I get bad gas, it hits right under the clavicle in my shoulder, which is counter-intuitive to me.  Excruciating pain, like someone shot me.  Gas has put me on the floor, whimpering.

Glad yours has subsided.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 169 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 701 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 238 views