The day has come. Hair falling out

dustycroy
on 8/27/13 3:42 am
DS on 05/14/13

Im four months out. I KNEW it would happen.  I know there is nothing that I can do about it, I just have to wait it out and go through the process.  Im feeling very sad.  Im hoping it doesnt get as bad as when I would do my liquid extreme diets in the past.  I would go almost bald.  Skinny and bald or fat with hair, that was always my motto in the past.  When I did the extreme diets it fell out until I decided to get healthy and start eating again, but Ive heard people that get wls say it only last for three months to four months and then stops.  Im hoping for that....Nervous   Im just ranting...  Thought about trying ROGAIN to try and stop it.  Has anyone tried it and had success?

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

nativenewyorker64
on 8/27/13 4:04 am - UT
Oh my gosh I feel your pain. Mine is falling out like crazy. Tons! I have very thick hair but I still hate washing it because then comes the handfuls of hair. Very scary! How are things going otherwise?

dustycroy
on 8/27/13 4:56 am
DS on 05/14/13

Hello surgery buddy, all is going well.  Im three pounds away from a hundred pound loss, so Im very happy about that.  Hair, hair, hair is everywhere....uhg.  I have to be so careful when cooking for my family.. I feel like I should wear a hair net..  I told my husband I could make a wig from the hair I pull out of my brush when I bru****lol   Im glad your hair is thick to begin with, maybe you wont get to embarrasingly thin.  Mine is medium, and I know where its going and it isnt pretty.  How are things with you?  Are you happy with the way your progressing?  I hope all is well....

nativenewyorker64
on 8/27/13 12:57 pm - UT

I can't believe you have lost almost 100 pounds in 14 weeks. That is amazing!  My weight loss is slowing down some, but I don't think I eat enough. It is really hard for me to get in my protein unless I drink shakes. Plus I started out as a lightweight so I don't have as much to lose. My goal is 149 because that will put me at a normal BMI and then anything after that I will consider a bonus. Its a pretty realistic goal. (I think) What state are you in? I'm in Utah and my name is Lucy.

dustycroy
on 8/28/13 4:00 am
DS on 05/14/13

Hi Lucy, Im in Washington state my name is Sandy.  Just to be fair, twenty pounds of that was taken off on the two week diet before surgery, but I still count it.  I would like to get to 150.  We'll see....  I can tell I will need a tummy tuck, but I hope thats all.  I dont need to be perfect, Im 47, and have a great husband.  Inner thighs are sagging I can take it, but I hope it doesnt get much worse.  I was self pay, and any plastic surgery will be also.  Uhg.  How are you doing in that way?  Your lucky to be a light weight, maybe you wont need any....  Yes, I depend on the shakes alot also...so expensive.  I go to GNC.  I like when they have the buy one get the other half off.  One cashier even gave me that deal when it wasnt running...luv her..lol

S Andrews
on 8/28/13 9:30 am - eatonville, WA

HEY Sandy- I am in Washington State also- small world. I am just south of Puyallup. Do you attend any of the support groups here?

Sharon

dustycroy
on 8/28/13 11:03 am
DS on 05/14/13

No I dont.  This forum is kind of like my support group I guess....  Im closer to Portland, OR.  I know of one there, but it doesnt include DS patients, so Im not really interested...

Member Services
on 8/27/13 5:08 am - Irvine, CA

It's tough going through it but unless you have medical condition it will grow back. Hang in there!

dustycroy
on 8/27/13 12:46 pm
DS on 05/14/13

Thanks for the support...

hollykim
on 8/27/13 6:46 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
You can't stop it. It is called telegen effluvium or some such. It is an after effect of any anesthesia,not just Wls. It will come back when it does. I don't think I ever saw pics of someone who went bald from anesthesia side effects. And you know what we say..... Pics or it didn't happen. I know it feels like you are going bald but you probably won't. Worry about it might make you. Go bald,Kwim?

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 227 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 723 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 243 views