When to start vitamins???

Layleigh
on 9/5/13 4:01 pm - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

At what point after surgery do you start taking the vitamins?

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 9/5/13 5:22 pm - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

I started taking mine the day after I got home from the hospital (day 5). I took them with me to the hospital but didn't end up taking any there.

Good luck -- your surgery date is so close! Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

MajorMom
on 9/5/13 7:22 pm - VA

I started taking some pre-op to get ready for surgery. I took extra zinc, selenium, vitamin D and a multi. Post-op I started right away using capsule vitamins mostly and cutting other tablets in half. I told the dietitian that chewables hurt my teeth and she said try the capsules, and they worked just fine. I was taking all of Vitalady's vitamin plan by 9 months post-op and had perfect labs at 1 year. 

Good luck!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

rachtrex
on 9/5/13 9:38 pm - Pacific Pines, Australia

I had my ds  10 years ago and the only vitamins i have needed  in that time is iron  I would say start taking it as soon as you can but it can cause very loose bowel motions  in a tablet form and it is better to get it in a liquard form .

gary3917
on 9/6/13 10:31 am - Duson, LA
DS on 06/05/13

Is it true iron pills cause loose stools ? I also wonder why my Dr Stewart did not say to take them. Maybe men dont need them ? I have been taking yhem anyway ...could be why I have diarreah ?

Gary

rachtrex
on 9/6/13 2:38 pm - Pacific Pines, Australia

yes iron Pills can cause loose stools and it is better to take liquard iron maybe  three times a day  just a little bit each time to get your quota in. I would say yes It is definatly in relaton to iron pills also if you are having chocolate and to much sugar that can cause loose bowel motions.

MsBatt
on 9/6/13 10:49 pm

Are you certain you're getting all the lab work you need? A full DS workup takes about 18-20 vials of blood.

Valerie G.
on 9/5/13 9:43 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I, too, was taking my vitamins and pushing for that 100g of protein the day I came home from the hospital.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Layleigh
on 9/6/13 12:49 am - CA
Revision on 09/10/13
Oh wow..thank yall sooo much!!! I feel so much more confident! Im so excited, i look forward sharing my experience with you, and im so grateful to have such an awesome team supporting me!!! Thank you!!!
PeteA
on 9/6/13 4:23 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

It took me about a month before I could handle anything but the chewables. At the end of two months pills were not a problem. I never thought of opening up the capsules to make it easier.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views