Unflavored protein choices?

Angelique J.
on 9/20/13 8:30 am, edited 9/20/13 8:32 am - Allentown, PA

I just had a 1 cc fill in my lap band and I am wanting to add more protein into my diet - recommended to me by my NUT in 2008 when I had my surgery was 64g per day. I want to get up to maybe 90g a day and cut my carbs down to 70 and eventually 50. Can anyone recommend a good flavorless protein - I want something I can add to smoothies and such so preferably no chocolate or vanilla. I feel like I will never be a good DS'er - I don't like coffee lol - I will never fit in.

On a side note; my 15 month old daughter has decided to go on a meat strike this week so I am trying to get protein into her any which way (she sees her pediatrician next week, but I doubt they'll do anything, she hasn't lost any weight or muscle mass or anything). I have been giving her a high protein yogurt mousse (7g), eggs, beans (she ate a whole 2 bites of pintos and cheese today *le sigh*), blue cheese wedges, her regular whole fat milk, and adding non-fat dry dairy milk where I can. So I am hoping I can sneak some of whatever protein I find that I like in her milk too *sneak*

The only protein powder I can specifically remember trying in the past was Unjury. No, just, no.

HW - 366+/1stSW - 325/CW - 301/GW - 200,

Lap-banded 3-5-2008, planning for revision to RNY 

J.A.C.+M  poly w/ child

MajorMom
on 9/20/13 9:11 am - VA

One of the better flavorless protein powder is Syntrax medical. Vitalady carries it. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

T Lady
on 9/20/13 9:34 am
I've tried many and my favorite is NOW Brand unflavored whey protein isolate. I get a 5 lb. tub on Amazon every month.

Original DS-1/07/09- Dr. Simper, SW: 286, LW:170, Post-op HW:194

Hiatal Hernia Repair & Revised DS to Hess Method-1/29/14- Dr. Keshishian, SW:194, CW:176, GW:130ish

PCOS w/ 2 post DS pregnancies!

JazzyOne9254
on 9/27/13 6:46 am, edited 9/27/13 8:08 am

Would like to interject - I use NOW Unflavored WPI as well, and you can get a ten pound bag through Lucky Vitamin.

I use extracts, brewed hazelnut decaf coffee and sucralose (Splenda) to flavor and sweeten.  Lots cheaper than buying the WPI in flavors.  This way, you can have just about any flavor you want!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Corbin Y.
on 9/20/13 11:08 am - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

JRobb unflavored egg white protein is my preferred shake maker. NOW also has an unflavored egg protein.

hollykim
on 9/21/13 2:43 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I have used Unjury,Syntrax,jay Robb. They were all equal to. Me.
What you need to be prepared for,is that unflavored only means not choc,van,or strawberry,etc.

Whey isolate has its own flavor and you may still be able to detect it. GL

stillhoping
on 9/21/13 8:23 am - Tampa, FL

It has been a few years, but I tried the J Rob and it was so salty I couldn't drink it.  Maybe it has changed.

Terry

Melanie C.
on 9/27/13 9:03 am

My friend had gastric bypass and she buys her protein from smoothie king or tropical smoothie. She loves it, she said she cant even tell shes drinking a protein shake. Which, when we go to the smoothie shops and get protein added it really does taste good. I dont know if that is enough protein for what your wanting. I had lap band and I use the whey protein shots you can get at walmart by the protein shakes and that works well for me in between meals when I feel I need more protein.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views