Recipe Check..lol!!!

Layleigh
on 9/24/13 1:11 pm - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

Hey y'all..this looks really good to me! I know you pro's have the best insight, please let me know if this sound like "good eats" for a DS'r!!! 

Pizza Casserole:

1 (16 ounce) package uncooked rotini pasta
1 lb ground Italian sausage
1 (24 ounce) jar pasta sauce
1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained (optional)
1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
2 (3 ounce) packages sliced pepperoni

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9X13 casserole dish.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.

In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until evenly brown, drain grease. Mix in the cooked pasta and pasta sauce. Pour into prepared casserole dish.

In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, olives, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese.

Spoon the cheese mixture over the sausage and pasta mixture. Top with pepperoni slices.

Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.

RNY to DS revision 9-10-13 Dr. Ara Keshishian   

Irishnurse
on 9/24/13 1:51 pm
DS on 04/17/13

Only if you can replace the pasta with something else like spaghetti squash or a type of wheat pasta that is low carb if you can find it. Otherwise you are going to carb overload. Stinky poop city. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Layleigh
on 9/24/13 1:55 pm - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

Lol..good idea about trying the squash!!! Girl, since I'm not married..from time to time..I'll compromise with the gas..lol!

Huneypie
on 9/24/13 5:04 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Carbs will slow down or stop you losing so I'd hold off on them for as long as possible.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 9/24/13 7:59 pm - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

Yup. Stick to high protein/very low carb. If you are going to eat carbs once in a while, make them complex carbs. 

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

Valerie G.
on 9/24/13 9:32 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Ditch the pasta.  It just isn't worth it.  You may add some eggs to hold it all together and get more protein.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Layleigh
on 9/24/13 11:55 pm - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

Thanks girls..awesome advice!!! I'll be honest, the thought of eating this without any pasta doesn't bother me one bit..lol! I so love it that there's so much knowledge on this website, it really makes me feel like I'm not in this alone..thanks bunches!!!

MsBatt
on 9/26/13 2:11 am

Cauliflower makes a good substitute for pasta, and it's got lots of fiber too.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 158 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 696 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views