RePost...tons of useful DS info!!!

Layleigh
on 10/5/13 10:20 pm - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4280788/Repost-Request- Advice-for-Pre-Ops-with-Links/

i ran across this post from a couple years ago, it's PRICELESS! I thought I would share it, hopefully it will be as helpful to some of y'all, as it was to me!!!

RNY to DS revision 9-10-13 Dr. Ara Keshishian   

Huneypie
on 10/5/13 10:28 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Good re-post!! ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

bigfoot62
on 10/5/13 11:51 pm - Cold Lake, Canada

Thanks for the info. I am supposed to have my DS on oct 21 but still am nervous

angela

Hope4life13
on 10/6/13 2:34 am
DS on 10/23/13

Hello Bigfoot62, I am new to this site and have had and failed lap band surgery and am having a revision to DS on the 23RD and I have been watching the procedure and am nervous as well. I am on the 6Th day of my liquid fast and am having all kind of emotions from anger to changing my mind.  

Are you on your pre-op fast yet and is this your 1st WLS?

praying for you and with you. 

bigfoot62
on 10/6/13 6:53 am - Cold Lake, Canada

Hi. No this is not my first. I had vertical sleeve and it didn't work. Only lost about 20 lbs. I just want to be skinny lol and healthy. So I will do just about anything. I love buying clothes but get depressed because all I can buy r fat ugly ones or so I feel this way. I guess we just have to do it and see how it goes. I don't begin my semi liquid diet until the 11. I live in northern Alberta so I have to go a long way to get it done. Thanks for the prayers I need them. Keep posting

Hope4life13
on 10/6/13 8:20 am
DS on 10/23/13

How long post-op are you since the sleeve.I here you about just wanting to be skinny, my lowest weight in life was 135 BC (before children) lol, and I thought that was to small for my frame. I am shooting for 157.

finding it hard to maneuver around this page as far as getting answers to my questions. But I am was contemplating on the sleeve as well but I might as well go for the gold so to speak. So heres to our weight loss success stories.

Nancy T.
on 10/7/13 12:52 am
DS on 07/16/13

That was great!  I'm just one week shy of being 3 months post op, so I still have a long way to go, but I already feel like I have come a distance. It is so helpful to know what may be coming, and that what I've experienced is normal.  And I like wearing the baggy clothes sometimes - I feel it's my badge of honor!  However, fitting into a smaller size is awesome!  I'm shopping at thrift stores right now until I reach my goal.  Then I will help boost the economy by going shopping for my REAL wardrobe!

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 360 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views