lap band to DS upcoming surgery

Hope4life13
on 10/6/13 4:26 am
DS on 10/23/13

Hi I am 3 years post-op from lap band surgery and am scheduled for my revision to DS on the 23rd of this month. I am shocked that the approval went through so quickly and I am fasting to prepare for surgery. WOW so many emotions to work through without eating. I started at 379 three years ago and believe I was at 339 on my lap band date of June 8TH 2010. My lowest weight was 272 with the band and 6 days ago I weighed in at 308.  I will have my final consult on the 11TH of this month to find out my new weight, I need to be down to 270 before my surgery date.

Looking to here from anyone pending this procedure and also those that have already had a revision surgery.

Member Services
on 10/6/13 12:26 pm - Irvine, CA

Welcome!

We are glad you have joined OH.  You will find a great deal of support, advice and personal experience here that will help you on your journey.  Here are a couple of links to some information that may help you navigate our site:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/content/sitehelp.html

http://www.obesityhelp.com/content/terms-of-service.html

Best wishes on your revision.  Please keep posting, we will be waiting for your next update.

meq815
on 10/6/13 12:57 pm - PA

I am almost 6 months post virgin DS, so I have nothing to offer revision-wise, but your statement about food struck a chord.  I only had to do 5 days of liquids pre op, but man, was that rough!  Facing a major life-altering surgery, without my best friend-food- to help with the emotions!  Even at 6 months, I still feel that was one of the hardest parts so far.

Good luck on your journey, and keep us posted!

Irishnurse
on 10/7/13 1:21 am
DS on 04/17/13

I was so happy to get that thing out of me. You will be amazed at how wonderful it feels. I wish you the best. The best thing I ever did. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Lyss Remaly
on 10/7/13 2:09 am - Wheeling, IL

I had my revision two years ago and have never looked back.  Getting that crap band removed was the BEST thing that ever happened to me.  The DS saved my life and I am happier than I ever thought I could be.  More than that... I'm HEALTHY. 

This is going to be tough to hear and it was REALLY tough for me to realize... but I know now that my band didn't work for a number of different reasons... one of them was my eating habits.  The DS helped me realize that I HAD to change my lifestyle for any type of bariatric surgery to work.  This is going to be a GREAT time to spend that ime with your emotions and your relationship with food.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! IF you have ANY questions at all we are ALL more than happy to share every single dirty detail about it :)

nativenewyorker64
on 10/7/13 2:15 pm - UT

I had a band to DS revision on May 14th. I am down 58 pounds. I'm a lightweight. I feel fabulous not having that band in anymore. I feel free. I love, love, love my DS. The first few weeks are a roller coaster of emotions and can be hard, but every day things get better and you get stronger. I have had to relearn how to eat. The band had really messed up the way I ate. I wish you well. You will learn to love your DS.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 147 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views