1 Month Update

Layleigh
on 10/10/13 4:37 pm - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

After one month, I'm down 38 lbs. Yesterday, Dr. K took my feeding tube out, and is very pleased with my progress. I'm fitting into clothes I couldn't even shove myself into presurgery..lol! My shoes are feeling loose! I'm passed that what the heck did I do to myself phase! I still can't eat very much, but my drinking capacity is getting much better. I'm still tired a lot, especially if I'm out shopping or just walking a lot, I'm so glad I don't have to rush back to work yet, I'd be so tired!!! I'm tired of protein drinks, and vitamins have no problem being swallowed , and I'm so glad, because that chewable calcium was just gross! 

RNY to DS revision 9-10-13 Dr. Ara Keshishian   

bigfoot62
on 10/10/13 10:30 pm - Cold Lake, Canada

Congrats. I love hearing this. I am going for surgery on the 21 so it is nice to hear from others who have had it done.  Hope you feel less tired soon

Angela

Layleigh
on 10/10/13 10:39 pm - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

Thank you Angela! I'm so excited for you too! It has truly been a blessing, and I know the energy will come in time..lol!

meq815
on 10/10/13 11:21 pm - PA

All good news!  Congrats!

Layleigh
on 10/10/13 11:26 pm - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

Thanks luv!

Huneypie
on 10/11/13 2:40 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Congrats - you sound like you're doing awesome! ;-)

BTW I guess you have a feeding tube because you're a revision.  Is it from an RNY?  How does a feeding tube work?  Is it a nasal one?  Presumably the food still goes into the stomach, so I'm curious why nutrition through a feeding tube would be OK and not orally?  I hope you don't mind sharing you're experience - I'm not questioning the validity of why people have them, I'm genuinely curious as I've not had one.

TIA.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Layleigh
on 10/11/13 4:52 am - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

Hi huneypie

I don't mind your questions..lol, I know how it feels to want all of the information you can. I did have a revision from RNY to DS..so that's why I had to have the feeding tube. It's placed there for the most part to provide nutrition and/or medication. I did really well after surgery, so even though they used it while I was in the hospital, I had a choice to use it or not once I got home. Initially I used it to take in meds and protein, it was just easier than trying to drink yet another protein drink..lol! After about a week, I was tired of it and wanted it out! Rather you use it or not, it still has to be flushed a few times a day...it became a nuisance! Oh yea, I was eating by mouth since the day after surgery, so Dr. K said I could do either or both. I hope I answered your question, and feel free to ask whatever you like.

Huneypie
on 10/11/13 5:41 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Thanks. How do they attach the tube. Is it via the nose?

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 10/11/13 4:20 am - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

Hey Layleigh!

I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well!! Your weight loss so far is awesome!!

I just saw Dr. K. yesterday, so we missed each other by a day. LOL My next follow up with him is in three months.

Congrats! And your energy is going to come back really soon!

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

Layleigh
on 10/11/13 4:59 am - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

Hi Amy,

It's all kinda weird..lol! I didn't lose weight like this with RNY..I had to earn every single pound, exercising 6 days a week and staying within 1200 calories! I'm happy, and at the same time I can't help wondering if it's a fluke and I won't go any further! I'm trying to just stay calm and do my part..lol! I go back to see Dr. K in 3 months too, I'm gona talk to him about plastics!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 254 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 736 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views