Going a new way

Jaiart
on 11/16/13 4:11 pm - MI

I'm bored with food and for other reasons I have decided to try a new approach.  I am going to go on a primariliy  liquid nutrition plan.  Food bores me to tears now and it becomes utilitartian very rapidly so I have decided use smoothies primarily.  I am on the hunt for low carb, satisfying and delicious recipies.  I want savory as well as sweet.  Any idea's, suggestions, recipies? 

Huneypie
on 11/16/13 6:26 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Oh dear, I feel your pain on the boredom front. Chicken egg drop soup and protein coffee come to mind, adding cinnamon makes it go down a lot easier for me.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Sumundo311
on 11/17/13 12:15 am - Saskatoon, Canada

Hi Jaiart, It may seem easier to go to liquid, but I hope you are planning on some solid foods in your day to, I have seen others that switched to liquid type diets and had problems with solid food, digestive issues arose, just my 2 cents. I think we all get tired of the food stuff, it is our focus so much of the time. 

My thoughts are with you, take care.

Susan

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

jashley
on 11/17/13 1:40 am
DS on 12/19/12

I have been doing more yogurt smoothies, because it is easier to get the greek yogurt down as I'm driving and I'm tired of eating this every day. 

I just googled it and tons of great recipes for smoothies popped up.  I started adding fresh spinich (the pre-washed, bagged stuff) to my smoothies, as well as pumpkin (canned), canned fruits (yea, high in sugar), fresh apples, etc.  Cooked/steamed veggies go into the smoothie the next morning, so I don't cook with butter but add butter once it's on my plate.

Have you thought about the back end issues?  Once I had a 'small tummy' day that stretched out to 3 days.  I just drank my protein shakes and smoothies.  By day 2, I had loose stools.  By day 3, I had diarrhea so bad that I didn't leave the house till noon.  I quickly started adding dense meat to my diet to curb this. 

Jaiart
on 11/18/13 6:56 pm - MI

I've gotta apologize, I gave the wrong impression that I am going one liquid foods only.  That isn't what I'm planning or even doing for the same issues "in the end".  Lol

Here is the detailed plan:

I will eat a nice paleo type salad, with some type of protein every day.  I will eat low carb snacks as well but that's not to be the main stay of my nutrition plan.  The main stay will be a high protein ultra low carb smoothie every day.  That's why I want to find a myriad of good low carb recipes as well as developing my own.

I can't eat enough food to get in the needed amounts of protein plus the restroom issues; "what goes in must come out" and while my new income actions will allow me freedom to stop and use the restroom when needed.  I still can't hover around the restroom though so my use needs to be semi regular and as quick as I can get it done.

By can't eat enough I mean that I still don't like most meats; while I do choke them down. I don't eat pork/pork products because I'm Muslim.  Since my surgery I find I don't like many of the meats I use to enjoy.  So the usual suspects get old very quickly and ground meats still creep me out. 

Also since my surgery I find my teeth changing to where they seem to be weakening as if some systemic change has/is occurring.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 277 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 751 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views