new starts

Jaiart
on 12/22/13 6:37 pm, edited 12/22/13 6:54 pm - MI

Anyone had a pause and then restarted? I never reached my goal weight, most of you are familiar with my struggle. My employment situation changing right as I went through this surgery. For too long to eat whatever I could get. Now to where I can afford to do the right thing so I am restarting from square one. Ultra hi protein/low carb.  WIll see if my ds is stopped or if I can restart the loss phase.

MajorMom
on 12/22/13 7:25 pm - VA

It should still work. Good luck!  : )

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

dlappin413
on 12/23/13 1:15 am - Woodstock, GA

Yes, it should still work though it may be much slower than right after surgery.  Keep in mind the portion size will affect weight loss as well.  Over time, the amount we DSers eat increases so try to keep your portions to a cup or under per meal in total and eat a meal about every 3 hours, total of 4 meals with one or two snacks of protein or low carb vege.  Keep the Atkins plan in mind and it may help to follow it to begin with as far as kick starting the low carb process.  You'll lose weight!

I hope you dance with enthusiasm... and a million other things joyful!

D. Switcher
on 12/23/13 2:59 am

Don't do it cold turkey: 1) Drop sugar; 2) Add protein; 3) Exercise. Stretch it over a two or three week period. DON"T get into the scale thing, because transition is not about losing weight! Replace sugary items with lower sugar, high fiber alternatives. Add veggies and fiber, cut back on sugary fruits. Think of how you took that same time after surgery to transition to your first mealplan. If you hit the wall, the sugar will win, you may have slip-ups and declare it doesn't work any more. Give it patience, time and keep record of your nutrition (not just food) in, no matter what you eat. This is a winning plan, it always works...be confident and take your time. rdc

Sleeve to DS Conversion - Regain 290# Current weight: 252# - VSG lowest weight: 235#  

"Serenity to Accept, Courage to Change, and Wisdom to Know..."

***all comments are my personal experience and/ or opinion***

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 291 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 763 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 254 views