Wow....

Jaiart
on 12/28/13 6:43 pm, edited 12/28/13 6:49 pm - MI
What a difference a day makes. I ordered, recieved, and tried Unjury . Let's just say it didn't meet my standards for protein supplement. The chocolate that people rave about, while it is better then most. ok all other chocolate protien supplement still isnt good in my opinion. Unflavored zerocarb isopure by nature's best is as good as they come. I've used isopure zerocarb vanilla but the unflavored is the best. Such a clean taste, it gets out of the way and lets the flavoring you chose shine through. I made coffee, and wow. Gotta actually make coffee, can't halfway it and depend on the flavor of the protein powder to fill in the gaps. Will be sticking with unflavored zerocarb isopure from now on as my goto protein.

MajorMom
on 12/28/13 7:29 pm - VA

I'm so glad you found one you like. It takes time and persistence.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

wannablite
on 12/28/13 10:21 pm - Southern, NJ

I also love my Isopure! I just prefer chocolate. Sometimes I don't feel like being a chemist by adding this and that, I just mix 'er up with 4 oz almond milk and down she goes! I do actually enjoy the flavor, but when I'm in a hurry I can throw it down! I recently tried to "cheap it out" by trying 3 other brands and what a huge mistake that was! Isopure just mixes up so smoothly. I caved and ordered my regular 7.5 pound tub. Just can't get the others down. What a waste cool. Continued success to you!

Erin

Jaiart
on 12/28/13 10:55 pm, edited 12/28/13 10:55 pm - MI
I almost bought Columbian coffee flavored isopure but I went with unflavored for 2 key reasons. It was on sale, and I don't always want coffee. With unflavored I can add it to whatever I wish, stocks, soups, etc... Interestingly the isopure folk say it can be added to hot or cold items. I'm aware of the clumping issues above 140° so wondering if they have some solution or if they meant below 140°. May do some experiments... but not many. Cause this stuff ain't cheap...lol

wannablite
on 12/29/13 6:52 pm - Southern, NJ

Where do you buy your Isopure? I always get mine at allstarhealth.com. I have made a slurry with the powder plus 1/2 & 1/2 and let the Keurig do it's thing right into the cup while stirring and not had an issue with clumping. Good luck with your experiments!

Erin

Jaiart
on 12/29/13 7:23 pm - MI
Www.vitaminshoppe.com is where I buy mine. I prefer going into the stores. Thanks for the info. I may try it this way, mix into some heavy whipping cream then add that slurry to some broccoli soup to make cream of broccoli soup.

wannablite
on 12/29/13 7:53 pm - Southern, NJ

Sounds like a bowl of YUM to me!

Erin

Jaiart
on 12/29/13 9:06 pm - MI
The complete recipe: cook broccoli in chicken stock. Puree when done, season to taste, add cream/protein slurry. All the good, none of the bad of canned soups. Add whatever else you want, onions, etc...

wannablite
on 12/30/13 5:56 am - Southern, NJ

Thank you!

Erin

jashley
on 12/29/13 5:22 am
DS on 12/19/12

I am going to branch out into the cheaper varieties to find something edible.  Unflavored versions didn't occur to me.  Great idea.

I have tried Iso Pure in Choco and Vanilla - and it doesn't do anything for me.  The only one I've found that I can drink twice a day, every day, for ever and never choke on it - ISO Sensation 93.  Love this stuff, but only in choco fudge flavor.  I've tried the other flavors and they all suck worse than other brands.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views