surgery with a cold?

Scarlet32blue
on 12/28/13 3:36 am
DS on 12/31/13

so i am set to have my surgery on dec 31st. The first one was canceled for dec 9th due to c.diff. i have just came down with a bad head cold. it started off monday with a sore throat and i was given meds for the sore throat now i have a lot of nasal congestion and head pain. Is it safe to have this surgery in this condition? any tips on getting this to pass i have three days to get better!

Cecy

Lana00
on 12/28/13 5:18 am

Sorry, I don't have any tips. I wanted to say that I hope you feel better soon and that this is sorted for you. :(

LupitaChin
on 12/28/13 1:20 pm

Ug! Being sick is the worst. I got really sick before surgery - in fact I lost my voice for about a week not long before surgery. I don't get sick often and that really kicked my butt. I checked with my doctor and they said I was fine and so I went ahead and the surgery went well. Have you asked your doctor he will probably have the best insight and (maybe) might even get you on an antibiotic to start getting a kick on it... Lots of rest and fluids my friend!!!! Good luck!!!

Layleigh
on 12/30/13 5:34 pm - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

Sweetie, if you are sneezing or coughing..you may have a rough go for a lil bit. I wasn't sick when I had my surgery, but I went in the kitchen and caught a whiff of pepper..and OMG...the sneezing was so painful! If this happens..use pillows..hold them tight to you, and try to let them absorb the motion as much as you can. It does get better though..lol, I remember when it finally didn't hurt to cough or sneeze, and that was a sign I was healing and moving forward!

best Wishes & Cheers to a New Year!!!

RNY to DS revision 9-10-13 Dr. Ara Keshishian   

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 110 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 657 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views