How far did you travel for surgery

LaToya S.
on 1/4/14 10:11 am - Edwardsville, IL
I know there is a very small handful of surgeons that perform the DS. So I am curious as to how far you traveled to have your procedure done? Do you follow up somewhere else or still travel back to the facility where you had surgery?

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

Delaney L.
on 1/4/14 12:52 pm
DS on 12/20/13

My surgery team has offices all over Texas, I drive 2 hours to get all my follow up appointments and stuff but I had to travel almost 6 hours to have my actual surgery. I will say that the ride home was not pleasant but was do able, I had my DS on the 20th of December and I traveled back home the 23th and it took us over 9 hours because we stopped frequently so I could walk. I just took my pain meds pretty much on schedule during my trip home but the day after I got home I didn't even need them anymore. Good Luck!

Vicki PNW
on 1/4/14 1:38 pm

5 miles at the time of my surgery.  Now 10 miles since I moved in 2012.  I travel back to the clinic for follow-ups.  I will be having a colonscopy sometime this year.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

PattyL
on 1/4/14 5:12 pm

My sister and my H traveled to Spain.  They had everything else done in the states.  Was about 70 miles for me but I wish I would have gone to Spain too!

Huneypie
on 1/4/14 8:34 pm, edited 1/5/14 1:45 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I traveled to Belgium to get switched.  I got sleeved in Mexico.  I'm in England.

I get my follow up in London.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

teachmid
on 1/5/14 12:51 am - OKC, OK
I traveled from Oklahoma to California. I stayed about 10 days afterwards then had frequent follow up with my surgeon by phone and email and locally with my PCP
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

bldeck
on 1/6/14 6:50 am - Farmington, NM

787 miles.  Farmington New Mexico to Denton Texas.

I followed up the first year and that was it.  My regular doctor now orders my blood tests.

Betty

DS with Daryl Stewart 04/21/10 - SW 306lbs CW 140lbs

Plastic Surgery with Dr. Sauceda 11/06/12 - LBL, Thigh Lift, BL/BA, small Arm lift

leanonme
on 1/6/14 7:46 am

I traveled to Brazil. I had my followup Docs all picked out and interviewed before surgery. I have never needed to see my surgeon but I have all of his phone numbers, including his home phone.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views