Where's the Wagon?

beemerbeeper
on 1/7/14 12:25 am - AL

Man did I fall off the wagon.  Last holiday season I did really well, but this year I fell off the wagon. 

I have a big deal dog show in 15 days.  I can't wear my dog show clothes today.  I can't even get the jeans up my thighs, much less around my middle.

So I am looking for the wagon so I can get back on. 

If I stop ALL the carbs that I can possibly stop I can fit in my clothes in 15 days.

Please send me luck and favorite recipes for no/low carb sugar replacements.  I am addicted to sugar and need replacements like Paula Dean PB cookies, whoopsie bread, greek yogurt, etc...  A new recipe or two for something to replace sweets would be much appreciated.

I WILL fit in my clothes in 15 days. 

~Becky

Member Services
on 1/7/14 1:52 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Becky,

We have all been there and done that, you will get back on that wagon!  Here is a covered and uncovered Back On Track Wagon for you!  Be sure and check out the Recipe Forum too  

dustycroy
on 1/7/14 2:35 am
DS on 05/14/13
Something better than luck... Prayer..lol. I will pray for you, to find the strength to fire up your DS, eat lots of protein, and get on the right track again.... You can do it... You have the BEST bariatric surgery out there to help you.....Now get back on that horse girl......

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

Mary Catherine
on 1/7/14 3:56 am

I do well with flaxseed Muffin in a Minute or Muffin in a Mug recipes.  There are lots of recipes if you google.  The flaxseed keeps me regular, and the muffin can be something that takes the place of things made with flour, fat, and sugar. 

Good luck with getting back into your outfits.  Weigh****chers used to say it takes one month to lose for each year that you had the extra weight on.  Whether or not that has any basis in fact, I do believe that if it has been a quick regain, it will also go away quickly.

teachmid
on 1/7/14 8:03 am - OKC, OK
Good luck!!!
You can do it!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

NoreenRT
on 1/7/14 9:23 am - Warner Robins, GA

Just me chiming in. You know how to do this girl. Let your tool work for you. I find it easier if I fix a bunch of high protein/low carb stuff in advance. Then when I go raid the fridge, my choices are better and I don't feel so guilty and pig out on the wrong stuff.

swinging all things furry, and say in' a prayer or two.  You got this.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

fullhousemom
on 1/7/14 11:16 am
Everybody has a difficult time over the holidays. I'd like to think we get a little lazy with our eating because we let our guard down and relax a bit. No big deal as long as we get on track later, so don't beat yourself up too much about it.

I think one of the easiest ways to stop eating so many carbs is to stuff our stomachs with other food. Meats (rotisserie chicken, lunch meats, beef or pork from the crockpot), cheeses (babybel, mozerella sticks), hard boiled eggs.....all those foods which are filling and stick with us for a bit. If you plan ahead and have those foods available, reach for those and fill yourself up. It has worked for me, but planning and having those foods in the frig is essential.
Stephanie C.
on 1/7/14 11:25 am - nashville, TN

I'm right there with you. Business trip in 3 weeks, suit required, can't even begin to fit back in it, grrrr. Thank you for being brave enough to post. I have been lurking for a while to motivate myself to get back to basics. I'm sure if you stick around here and get back to basics you will be back in your clothes soon.

happydsr
on 1/7/14 12:57 pm

you may be better going cold turkey on the sweets.  Even the sugar-free/artificially sweetened items cause your body to want more sweets to satiate yourself.  You want to get away from them entirely.  Just protein, protein and more protein!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 227 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 723 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 243 views