the truth revealed!

Jaiart
on 1/9/14 9:55 pm, edited 1/10/14 12:57 am - MI
I conducted some experimentation with protein powder. 140° is not the cut off temp to avoid clumping. In this initial test I only went to 160° but the point is it was not visibly or textually changed. It was still smooth. This was using isopure unflavored zerocarb protein powder. Which I then turned into protein coffee. I plan to try the recommend sweet spot for coffee temp. Which is 195 to 205 range just to see how high it will withstand before clumping occurs. Whether or not the brand of protein affected the results I don't know or if the nature of it being unflavored had anything to do with the outcome.

hollykim
on 1/10/14 12:49 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I have found this to. Be true too. I have also found that as long as you make a good slurry ,before mixing the slurry into your other liquid it will withstand repeated gentle microwave heatings

Jaiart
on 1/10/14 12:55 am - MI
See, I haven't progressed to slurry stage yet, still getting to clumping of dry added protein issue settled. Main reason is just because. Dad was a scientific researcher so I guess I come by it naturally.

hollykim
on 1/10/14 2:55 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

definitely,carry on according to your plan. You can maybe use my experience in working your hypothesis,lol.

Jaiart
on 1/10/14 3:04 am - MI
Have used slurries for personal uses. Haven't progressed to slurry stage of experimentation. Yet.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 273 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 747 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views