Two part DS- rate of loss

neamom
on 1/19/14 6:12 am
Hi    I have a burning question that I need a brutal honest answer about .  I had VSG in 2010 and only lost about 40 of the 120 I needed to lose.  I am type II diabetic, PCOS, HBP etc... I have seen a surgeon regarding  DS .  I will of course get the second stage done since my VSG is already complete.  I am concerned with how my weight loss will go, I have heard the second time the rate of weight loss is a lot slower.  Basically it's a lot of risk, and a lot to go through if the outcome is not substantial.  Please help me if you have any info.  I have maintained about  a 35 lb loss but my co-morb are still in full swing
HKFandora
on 1/19/14 6:35 am

I too am curious. 

Huneypie
on 1/20/14 1:44 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I only lost 40lbs but that's all I needed to make it to the healthy range.  I would've like to make to lower end of the healthy range, but I stalled and then got into carbs, so I'm OK with where I am.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Huneypie
on 1/20/14 1:45 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

BTW it took me 6 months to make it to the healthy range.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MsBatt
on 1/20/14 3:22 am

I don't have any personal experience with a two-part DS. You may---in fact, you probably will---lose slower than if you'd had the DS all done at once. You may or may not lose as much weight as if you'd had it all at once---but it will do wonders for your diabetes and PCOS, even if you don't lose an ounce. (Which I can assure you you WILL.)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 149 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views