THE C- WORD.... C C C CARBSSSSS

Lyss Remaly
on 2/6/14 4:10 am - Wheeling, IL

That's right... I said it!!!

I have a quick question for my DSers out there!  I am three years post-op.  I have hit my goal weight, kept it off and am now on a journey to train for a bodybuilding competition.  It is a daily struggle and internal fight to have the two brains going at it all day... the DS / Formerly obese brain and the Bodybuilder/gymrat brain.

My question is about carbs.  My diet is more on the path of a bodybuilder instead of a DSer which ironically is VERY simalar.  Healthy fats, VERY high protein.  I also need to be eating carbs because I'm lifting 4 days a week and need a certain amount for that energy.  IF you are going to eat carbs, which do you suggest are the best for my DS?

I stick to things like oats, quinoa and bananas but I'm not sure I'm taking in the BEST source of carbs for my DS.

Any feedback would be awesome!  THANK YOU!

Sumundo311
on 2/6/14 5:45 am - Saskatoon, Canada

Hi

I just had my first meeting with a trainer and they are going to help me in the carb department to, so I was excited to see your post, I hope you get lots of feedback because this is something I want to learn about to. I love lifting weights, but I'm only a beginner. 

Susan

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

Amy W.
on 2/6/14 7:00 am - Buckeye, AZ
Brown rice?

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

fullhousemom
on 2/6/14 8:40 pm
Oats, quinoa, and bananas definitely.

I would also add potatoes, high quality multi-grain bread, whole wheat pasta, brown or wild rice, beans and lentils, granola.

Maybe carrots? I am thinking of all those fruits and vegetables that weigh****chers would require you to limit. Those would probably all be good choices now.

I can have whole wheat pasta in limited amounts. Some whole grain breads are ok...others are not. Those you may have to experiment with.

Good luck on your competitions. That is an incredible feat!
Huneypie
on 2/7/14 2:29 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Sweet potatoes are meant to be lower GI.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 355 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views