Return to work?

PHAT_at42
on 2/26/14 8:41 am
DS on 03/12/14

Has anyone returned to work after only two weeks post lap-DSL?

m1=23, M2=11, M3=4(had stall for 3wks), M4=6 M5=6 M6=6 M7=4 M8=3

I am a VSG to DS revison!

PHAT_at42
on 2/26/14 1:55 pm
DS on 03/12/14

Anybody?  I had the VSG in 09, and felt well enough to go back to work after one week. I do have the ability to take 6weeks if necessary but my son is getting married at the end of the summer and I will be traveling for that. I work at a desk without much walking or lifting required. 

PeteA
on 2/27/14 3:45 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

What kind of a job do you have? If your at a desk all day it might not be a problem. 

You had the VSG in 09 so they just doing the second stage this time. Is that right?
You might have an easier time going back if that is the case.

Still all bets are off if there are any problems. I've seen comments from people that went back after 2 weeks.
Still recovering but able to work a desk job.

Irishnurse
on 2/27/14 2:11 pm
DS on 04/17/13

I only took off two weeks with restrictions on lifting. I am a nurse and did just fine. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

PHAT_at42
on 2/27/14 3:30 pm
DS on 03/12/14

Thanks for the responses! I was back to work only 2wks after my sleeve in 2009. I felt great and am praying for a simular experience!

Valerie G.
on 2/27/14 9:04 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I wouldn't recommend counting on that.  I was SOOOO listless for a good 4 weeks recovering from the anesthesia, and a lap procedure has you under even longer.  I took off a total of 8 weeks and so glad I did.  When I hit the ground running upon my return, they all thought i was tough as nails.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Melanie74
on 2/28/14 2:23 pm

I agree - I took 6 weeks and needed every day. I just returned to work and have been pretty tired. I never could have made it back after just 2 weeks. I was still sleeping a lot and on pain meds and dealing with nausea. 

happydsr
on 2/28/14 1:16 pm

this is major surgery.  Give yourself time to recover and ease back into your job.

The timeframe will depend on the type of work you do

can you work from home/  zearly on, your endurance will be low.  You may work better for short durations, with plenty of breaks/naps in between.  this is earsier to do while at home

also, if your workplace is far from home, you will use up energy during the commute.  Better to devote it all the job when you have so little stamina

the anesthetic will leave you with "brain fog".  It will be hard to concentrate, and decision making will be slower.  Build in time to your schedule as you start back to work

it will take a while to get your supplements, eating and digestion systems into a routine.  That may be easier near your own kitchen and bathroom.  Once you have trialed and erred, you will be able to build a work schedule that fits you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 358 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views