Revision - DS Insurance Coverage BCBS NJ Direct 15

Cindy Cooney
on 3/9/14 4:46 am - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

I had an RNY back in 2001 and now I am waiting for insurance approval to have a DS.  Has anyone every been approved from NJ Direct 15 for a DS?  I hate waiting and now that I have all the preop procedures complete, I am hoping to have the surgery in June or July.

Thanks.  Cindy

RNY - 3/26/14

HW - 380

CW 0 259

DS - 7/30/14

HW - 285

CW - 264.4

Dr. Greenbaum

Melanie74
on 3/9/14 12:55 pm

I can't speak to this insurance company - but even with insurance companies - the employer ultimately decides what to cover in their plan. Much like you buy car insurance from State Farm - but you will customize your plan differently from another guy. So why not just call them and see if they can give you some info over the phone?  Also my surgeon's office called my insurance - and were able to find out I wasn't covered pretty quickly. 

Hope it it works out for you!!

Cindy Cooney
on 3/10/14 4:00 pm - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

Thanks I did and my coverage definitely covers bariatric surgery, but it has to be medically necessary.  Gee would I go through all the trouble with the test for the last 2 months  if it were not medically necessary.  I guess I have to just wait it out.  I wish I made the decision to have this surgery sooner.  It only took me 3 years.

Thanks.  Cindy

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views