Beware - it's cookie time!!!!

Valerie G.
on 3/12/14 3:14 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm more than 8 years out, so I cannot tell you why in my pea-sized-head I must buy a box of girl scout cookies and see if anything has changed over the last year.  My fav's are  the old-school thin mints or trefoils, which were called scott teas when I was a girl scout.. 

I got some coconut crusted goodies for hubby, and trefoils for myself.  I was hankering for something sweet, so I unpacked a roll and got three out to sit next to me at my desk.  Well, in less than a moment they were gone, so I got some more, then put the roll into a drawer.  After a meeting I pulled it out and long story short, that sleeve of cookies was gone by the end of the day.

When I got back to my hotel room I was blown up like the Goodyear blimp.  Thank goodness I was wearing a flowing sweater-dress and boots, because underneath, it was like two pigs fighting under a blanket.  OMG - it all came rushing back to me.  This happened LAST time!  This is worse than the Uno's pizza that I"m forbidden to eat again by my family.

So ya'll be warned - there's horns underneath those cute uniforms.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sumundo311
on 3/12/14 4:06 am - Saskatoon, Canada

That is so funny, our season for cookies from girl scouts is over, thank goodness, I had a couple at work but didn't buy any myself. I will stay away from those girls in the cute uniforms. lol have a great day and thanks for sharing.

Susan

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

Huneypie
on 3/12/14 4:10 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

LOL - I think I was marginally less bad yesterday... I had a cookie and a donut, 'twas not good!! 

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Valerie G.
on 3/12/14 4:59 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I am a complete cookie *****shamelessly so.  For the record, this is day 2 with an unopened sleeve of cookies.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tracy D.
on 3/12/14 6:35 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You are much, much strong woman than me, Valerie!  I also gave in to the whim to buy some cookies...not many of them made it home .   There are actually some sweet things that don't taste good to me anymore post-op....but when it comes to cookies, watch out!  My husband says I'm the original Cookie Monster 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

ladybug513
on 3/12/14 4:48 am - NY

Ahhh...thin mints!!!  I stay away from these at ALL costs.  Even I can not stand to be around me when I eat these.  I grew up in Chicago so Uno's pizza is in my heart and soul!  I do indulge when I go back although at a high cost 

First goal 120.0: 12/7/13  Final goal 115.0 (114.6):  2/6/14  

5'3  SW: 199 (12/11/11)  Current: 114.8 pounds  18% body fat   BMI: 20.3           

SHFT_2
on 3/12/14 7:07 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Cookies did me in as well. I made it 7 months before I broke down and cheated. I baked cookies for my neighbors and ate 4 of them. These stupid things were 22 carbs each! I had to get them out of my house right away. So mad at myself for giving in and not just once but 4 of the dang things. :(

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

NoreenRT
on 3/12/14 10:52 am - Warner Robins, GA

"It was like two pigs fighting under a blanket."         

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

A_Whole_New_Me
on 3/12/14 1:11 pm

For those craving thin mints, I found a surprisingly good alternative. Power crunch protein bars has a new chocolate mint version that is delicious:

http://www.vitacost.com/bionutritional-research-group-power- crunch-protein-energy-bar-chocolate-mint-12-bars

Tricia

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/14 6:59 am

They are really tasty.I love them.I only have them once in a while.They taste almost too good to be true.

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 67 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 67 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 635 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 230 views