Endoscopy?

Amy W.
on 4/12/14 2:05 pm, edited 4/12/14 2:08 pm - Buckeye, AZ
LONG story short, I had a sinus infection start in January and took 3 rounds of antibiotics to clear it. After that my stomach was completely messed up. Constant bloating and diarrhea no matter what I ate, and I still can't figure out why I'm constantly bloated. I'm taking a probiotic each morning but my stomach feels so different now. I've never had bloating under my breastbone but I feel like something is just... Different/off. I saw a gastroenterologist and he said he wants to do an endoscopy. Is there any reason why he shouldn't (because of the surgery)?
Ps- is there any insight you might give me about antibiotics and gut flora being "off"? Could that be the reason for this bloating? I had a CT scan weeks ago and the ER said structurally my abdomen is fine and blood/urine tests showed nothing.

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Amy W.
on 4/12/14 2:10 pm - Buckeye, AZ
PS- I've had an H. Pylori test and another bacteria test - both were negative.

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Huneypie
on 4/13/14 2:05 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Can't see why it'd be an issue.  They'll be able to see via the scope, plus it they should be aware that you have a sleeve, and therefore they'll expect that your stomach is smaller.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

larra
on 4/13/14 2:21 am - bay area, CA

Have you been tested for C diff? All those antibiotics could have brought it on, and it's the kind of thing that hangs on like you're describing.

Larra

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 274 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 748 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views