Finally some answers!

Amy W.
on 5/2/14 2:20 pm - Buckeye, AZ
I've been stressing BIG time since March 5 over the fact that I'm constantly bloated, reaaaaaally constipated, gaining weight like nobody's business. After test after test we finally seem to have the answer! Hypothyroidism! My T3 and T4 are low and it's really messing with my whole body! No wonder I can't even look at food without gaining weight now! Today I started Levothyroxine this morning so hopefully I can recover from this quickly and get back on track to the road of good health.
Also, I'm getting more iron infusions and upping my Vit-D and folic acid.
Question: today I found out I'm also low in zinc and copper. How much do I need to take daily?
Thanks for the help!

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Irishnurse
on 5/2/14 2:37 pm
DS on 04/17/13

I feel your pain. I gained over 150 pounds the last four years and turns out I was hypothyroid. Some people will try and tell you that hypothyroidism does not make you gain weight to that extreme but they are full of it. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Amy W.
on 5/2/14 2:42 pm - Buckeye, AZ
Oh I totally believe it!!! On April 7 I was 155. At the doctors yesterday (May 1) I was 170!!! I was devastated!!! I'm really hoping this is the answer and my body will get back to its normal self asap! My entire body is just OFF. My periods stopped too. LMP was February 4.

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Huneypie
on 5/2/14 4:53 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

A DSer without a deficiency should take 3mg copper, so you may want to double that. I have zinc issues and I do 2 or 3 x 100mg batches.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views