A new start

jillbeme
on 5/14/14 11:19 am
Revision on 07/29/14

Former lap band who had it removed due to rejection now sleever who had ZERO weight loss. I hired trainers,dietitians followed the diet to a t. Never lost a pound. So I gave up. Now I am at my wits end. I weigh more now than I ever weighed. Called the previous surgeon now in New Mexico I'm in California. I am considering hypnosis. The other surgeon I spoke to stated I should move forward with the dueondle switch. I have celiacs disease, high blood pressure and severe depression. I'm so confused. Need to find a friend in common and start step one. But where do I begin?

MajorMom
on 5/14/14 6:52 pm - VA

Some of the best and most respected DS surgeons are in California.  You might want to start researching on www.dsfacts.com. There's a list of DS surgeons there too. Good luck and please keep us posted.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 5/15/14 3:25 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Hypnosis was a waste of $50 for me.  You've got some of the most talented DS surgeons out there in CA, so go for it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PeteA
on 5/16/14 10:41 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

The DS might be helpful for you. Gina is right check out DSFacts.com  and the archives here for a starting point.

Good luck I hope you find the right answer for you.

Pete

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/16/14 11:08 am - OH

I suggest that you begin with an appointment with an endocrinologist.  If you lost NO weight at all with a band and then a sleeve, either something is quite wrong medically (in which case even a DS isn't likely to help), you were given REALLY incorrect eating guidelines after both WLS procedures, or you are not following the eating plan "to a t".

i think it is important to find out what the problem is before you seek a third surgery.

What did the trainer, dietician, surgeon, etc. say about why you lost absolutely no weight at all?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 648 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views