Sleeve to DS

Pegray
on 5/18/14 4:13 am - Rogersville, MO

I am scheduled to be revised from sleeve to DS in August, but my question Dr. Aceves after checking my UpperGI does not think my sleeve needs to be revised just do the switch and I was wondering if anyone  has had that done and if so, did you have good weight loss and get to goal weight after that, I just need to lose 40more lbs. to reach goal but have stopped losing. 

PeteA
on 5/18/14 5:55 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I have no experience. Do you still have some restriction on the amount you can eat from the sleeve?

It sounds OK to me if they checked it and don't see any undue stretching it might just cause complications
you don't need. I think the malabsorption gets you the 40 pounds and then helps prevent regain.

Pegray
on 5/24/14 7:29 am - Rogersville, MO

Yes I still have restriction I have scheduled to have my DS on August 22, 2014 in Mexicali with dr. Aceves 

thanks,

wdufford
on 4/13/16 5:34 pm - Mount Pleasant, SC

Hi.  Sorry, I saw your post on obesity help because I've been steadily gaining weight back from my sleeve.  I'm hearing about the DS - and the it's a 2nd step to the sleeve?  Not sure.  What's your experience since you received the DS?  You went to Mexicali - is that because you couldn't get the insurance to cover?  Thanks.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 260 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views